Author Topic: Couple of bags  (Read 1440 times)

Offline BillSmith

• Starting Member
Couple of bags
« on: February 14, 2019, 04:10:54 AM »
Hello,
         I'm Bill Smith of Elizabethtown, Ky.  I am a bag and horn maker. Here are a couple of bags I recently finished.  Top one is a Herringbone hemp haversack. The 2nd one is a double beaver tail.

Offline sqrldog

Re: Couple of bags
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 04:34:30 AM »
Good looking bags Bill. Are you planning on attending the Tennessee Kentucky show in Knoxville in April?

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 05:00:10 AM »
Hi Bill,

Those are two lovely bags. 

I like the complimentary grey and brown colors on the first one, and the design and execution are very nice.  It looks like it would be a super bag to use.  Looks to be strong and flexible. 

That is a nice warm finish on the double bag.  Someone is going to really enjoy that one.  I am fascinated by the stitching you use on the rolled edge.  It looks like it would really hold it down for good.  Is that all hand stitched?  I'd love to see a tutorial on how you do that one. Very consistent and nice work all around.

Thank you for sharing with us. 

God Bless, and best wishes,   Marc

Online aaronc

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 05:04:53 AM »
Hi Bill,

Those are two lovely bags. 

I like the complimentary grey and brown colors on the first one, and the design and execution are very nice.  It looks like it would be a super bag to use.  Looks to be strong and flexible. 

That is a nice warm finish on the double bag.  Someone is going to really enjoy that one.  I am fascinated by the stitching you use on the rolled edge.  It looks like it would really hold it down for good.  Is that all hand stitched?  I'd love to see a tutorial on how you do that one. Very consistent and nice work all around.

Thank you for sharing with us. 

God Bless, and best wishes,   Marc

Hey Marc,....Bill may chime in later or tomorrow but I can tell you for certain that everything is 100% hand stitched.

Great looking bags Bill,...they look even better in person.

-Aaron
- Aaron C
At the work bench.

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 05:26:04 AM »
I own one of Bill’s hemp bags. Owned and used it for 30 years. It’s as nice as the day that I got it. These bags are extremely high quality.
Stop Marxism in America

River Runner

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 05:25:29 PM »
Very nice indeed!   I appreciate the hard work and artistry you put into them.  Makers like you who share on this forum are definitely among the best.   I am always inspired to do better with my work (and I have a lot of room for improvement).  Thank you for taking time to share your talents. 

Offline BillSmith

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 06:28:23 PM »
Good looking bags Bill. Are you planning on attending the Tennessee Kentucky show in Knoxville in April?

I will be at the Tennessee and Kentucky show in Knoxville in April.