Author Topic: Shop Tour Video  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: Shop Tour Video
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2019, 01:36:50 AM »
I understand, I know enough to listen enough to a master when he speaks, good advise and something I never actually thought of before.

I changed my fluorescents to LEDs, my 71 year old eyes with trifocals like the light kit and a #7 optivisor lense. Again, at my subdued level of expertise if it is bright I like it.

Offline Jeff Durnell

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2019, 03:18:29 AM »
Interesting video, Jim. I like the vise with the shotput swivel. That's cool. I'm building a new bench now and looking at all options and ideas.

I liked the part about wax casting too. I was wondering how it was done.

Thanks for taking the time to do these videos. They're especially helpful for us new guys.

Offline KLMoors

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2019, 11:09:58 PM »
Very cool tour!  Thanks.

Ken

Offline Leatherbark

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2019, 03:36:27 PM »
Regarding your CNC machine and its associated computer.  It would be advisable if you live in an area where "Lightning" is common you might want to in your spare time (it doesn't look like you have much of that) Google up on lightning or "Surge" protection for your CNC Machinery.  A lightning stroke nearby either directly on your steel building or on the earth nearby can wreak havoc on circuit boards.  I don't want your machinery damaged this spring because I'm wanting one of those Colonial Rifles for sure!

Bob

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2019, 12:54:14 AM »
Now I feel like I'm working in the stone age.
You are, I have been in your shop! ;D
Complete with Cave Man!

Brooks aint the only one,hahahaha. I personally know of 2 more. bwhahahahah!!! 8) 8)

Offline mountainman70

• USAF vet 1971-1972 malmstrom afb,montana
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2019, 12:57:05 AM »
Great shop,congrats to you both.
Now,I wonder if we can get Jim to machine some proper Hawken patent breech plugs of a few varieties---------  Best wishes to all. Dave 8) 8)