Author Topic: Buying target rifle from England shipping to U.S.? Help  (Read 1649 times)

Offline 1sogdusm

Buying target rifle from England shipping to U.S.? Help
« on: February 24, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
I am looking to buy a muzzleloading target rifle from a gentleman in England. Does anyone have experience with shipping a muzzleloader from England to U.S.  I understand that Muzzleloader’s are not controlled by GCA but I’ve never tried importing one under these circumstances. Any past experience would be appreciated.   Thanks

Offline Bob Roller

Re: Buying target rifle from England shipping to U.S.? Help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:33:43 PM »
I am looking to buy a muzzleloading target rifle from a gentleman in England. Does anyone have experience with shipping a muzzleloader from England to U.S.  I understand that Muzzleloader’s are not controlled by GCA but I’ve never tried importing one under these circumstances. Any past experience would be appreciated.   Thanks

The U.S.Government does NOT recognize that rifle as a firearm.It's a relic or curio and should be marked as such
and hopefully insured for full value.There are a lot of breechloaders made before 1898 that do not use commonly
available ammunition in that same category.
Bob Roller

Offline Longknife

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »
Man That would be risky!!!! I cant even get one shipped across the US without someone breaking it in two!!!!!...Ed
Ed Hamberg

Offline debnal

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 05:00:55 PM »
Several years ago I won a great Hudson Valley Fowler from an English auction. It was professionally packed and got here intact. It's always about the packaging.
Regards,
Al