Author Topic: Black Powder  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Carper

Black Powder
« on: March 19, 2019, 03:01:24 AM »
Anyone have an idea where a person could purchase black powder for their rifle any reasonable distance from Boise, ID ?

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
Re: Black Powder
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 03:08:00 AM »
Most of us buy it online.

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 03:20:34 AM »
In Nampa there is a source. I am out of town now but will message you with contact information. He is a GOEX distributor for a large Montana source.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 03:45:06 AM »
Anyone have an idea where a person could purchase black powder for their rifle any reasonable distance from Boise, ID ?

Try Buffalo Arms  Ponderay is way up north. They ship but beware the haz-mat fee.
You could contact ML Builders Supply at Aberdeen and see if he knows of anyone. It was pretty easy to find before the ATF ruled it was a class A explosive and regulated the heck out of it. I guess it was a slow day at the office or something....

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

Offline Leatherbark

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 01:55:46 AM »
Good Evening Johnny

Is shipping to Kodiak extra expensive?  Powder Inc below will ship 5 pounds minimum.  It works out to $30.23 per lb.

Shipping and Hazmat fee is figured into the price but I am not sure about Kodiak.  Powder Inc. says "We deliver Nationwide" with a number to call to answer any questions.   Now the Maine Powder house distributor doesnt include Alaska in their list of states.

Bob

« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:00:46 AM by Leatherbark »

Offline MuskratMike

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 03:05:38 AM »
Again I will message you on Saturday. If I remember correctly they charge $16.00 per pound in one pound containers. $15.00 per pound in 25 pound bags.
"Muskrat" Mike McGuire
Keep your eyes on the skyline, your flint sharp and powder dry.

Offline Daryl

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 03:16:36 AM »
Good Evening Johnny

Is shipping to Kodiak extra expensive?  Powder Inc below will ship 5 pounds minimum.  It works out to $30.23 per lb.

Shipping and Hazmat fee is figured into the price but I am not sure about Kodiak.  Powder Inc. says "We deliver Nationwide" with a number to call to answer any questions.   Now the Maine Powder house distributor doesnt include Alaska in their list of states.

Bob

WOW - that seems very high!
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline Leatherbark

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 06:34:44 PM »
It pays to buy in bulk from Powder Inc.........10 pounds delivered is $234.80 ($23.48/lb) or 25 pounds @ $472.25 ($18.89/lb)............Don't buy the 5 pound deal for sure.

Bob

Offline OldMtnMan

• Colorado
    • Verified Ladies  Prime Сasual Dating
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 06:39:59 PM »
I just paid $99 for 4lbs of Goex at Graf's.

Offline snapper

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 08:13:21 PM »
I am picking up 25 lbs of 2f Swiss tonight in IL on my way to Oak Ridge TN for the long range ML match.
It is $24/lb.

Fleener
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline Carper

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 08:47:53 PM »
Thanks to all. MuskratMike I look forward to your message on Sat.  I have powder here on Kodiak. I had a crate shipped up here on a barge , it’s the only way it gets here legally. Non of the stores sell it or handle it here. My brother is in Idaho and I sent him his rifle that I had been storing here for years.  I have never tried any of the substitutes except a few rounds when Pryrodex first came out. I have always used blackpowder and recommend the same for him. He is a casual shooter and hunter and trying to raise a family so   ordering a big quantity probably won’t be something he can do.