Author Topic: Engraving class, John Schipper  (Read 1297 times)

Online snapper

Engraving class, John Schipper
« on: April 11, 2019, 05:03:26 PM »
My taste are simple:  I am easily satisfied with the best.  Winston Churchill

Offline elkhorne

Re: Engraving class, John Schipper
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 05:59:05 AM »
Saw it last night on the website by accident. Too bad they did not advertise it several months ago to give folks time to prepare and go. A sadly missed opportunity for many! Got to get the word out better.

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:25:52 PM »
Too bad they did not advertise it several months ago to give folks time to prepare and go
They did
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Lzymtlsmth

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 09:29:10 PM »
Saw it last night on the website by accident. Too bad they did not advertise it several months ago to give folks time to prepare and go. A sadly missed opportunity for many! Got to get the word out better.
Schippers has an excellent book out for longrifle type engraving.
Engraving is a lot about practice. 3 to 4 a day for however long it takes you to be proficient imho.
Lots of tutorials / utubes on the subject out now too. Good luck.

Offline yellowhousejake

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 11:48:00 PM »
I signed up two months ago, long after I saw it first advertised. Good thing too, he has weeks of homework for you to do before the class starts.

My practice drawing is done, my tools are built, I have read the book twice. It should be fun.

DAve

Offline yellowhousejake

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 10:53:18 PM »
I just received notice that the class was cancelled due to lack of participation.

Well, there ya go.

DAve