Author Topic: Nice Crosby horn on Riser blog  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Marcruger

Nice Crosby horn on Riser blog
« on: April 19, 2019, 12:25:58 AM »
A nice banded horn in a unique green is on the blog. Nicely turned fancy base plug. Well done Tim. Btw, is that milk paint to get the green?  God bless, Marc

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Nice Crosby horn on Riser blog
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 01:30:02 AM »
Nice is an understatement on that one.  It shines!
Andover, Vermont

Offline aaronc

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 03:53:02 AM »
Tim's got the color/contrast thing down on these banded horns. Got no idea what kinda green paint it is but it sure looks period as all get out...or at least to my eye.
- Aaron C
At the work bench.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 03:58:44 PM »
  Thanks guys. Here's a couple more Pix and the details. Around the out side curve it is about 13 3/4". tip-to-tip about 10 1/2/ The Walnut butt is held in by 8 Wooden pegs. The Two part Antler tip is held together with Three wooden pegs and to the horn with Three more. The Two bands were boiled in dye, tapped on and held in place with Three iron pins each. And yes it is Milk paint followed by Brown shoe polish and buffed with a brush.

Tim C.

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 04:43:22 PM »
That’s a beauty for sure, Tim.  As a side note, how durable is that milk paint in use?  Ive never used it, just curious. I certainly like the color!

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Stoner creek

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 05:12:16 PM »
I was lucky enough to take home one of Tim’s beautiful banded horns last weekend. Tim’s table was right next to mine at the Knoxville show. I couldn’t not take one home! My first banded horn. He’s a good guy to have as a neighbor at a gun show too!!!
Stop Marxism in America

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 12:28:28 AM »
I was lucky enough to take home one of Tim’s beautiful banded horns last weekend. Tim’s table was right next to mine at the Knoxville show. I couldn’t not take one home! My first banded horn. He’s a good guy to have as a neighbor at a gun show too!!!

Thanks Wayne, that Was a Dang Good neighborhood. Nice to put a face with a name.

Tim