Author Topic: Display of Kentucky-made Long Rifles at the Ky Historical Museum, Frankfort, KY  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Ky-Flinter

• Global Moderator
  • Born in Kentucke, just 250 years late
Open thru 10/22/19, at the Thomas D. Clark Center for Kentucky History in Frankfort, Kentucky is a display of rifles entitled "Into the Bluegrass - Rifles of the Kentucky Frontier".  This is sponsored by the Kentucky Rifle Foundation and The Kentucky Historical Society working with the Kentucky historian Mel Hankla.  The display features twenty seven rifles, a pistol, and powder horns made in Kentucky. It's the first time a display of regional Kentucky made rifles have been assembled.

https://history.ky.gov/visit/exhibits/into-the-bluegrass-rifles-of-the-kentucky-frontier/

The display is included in main admission.  Adults: $8 | Youth (6-18): $6 | Veterans: $6  Includes all museum/historical sites open at the time of visit.

Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Open through Oct. 22
Ron Winfield

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun. -Nate McKenzie

Offline Cades Cove Fiddler

;D ;D ;D.. sounds like a trip to ol' Cane-tuck might be in order,...!!!!

Offline Greg Pennell

I have a sister in Frankfort, looks like a visit is in order. Might as well take in a couple of distillery tours while I’m there... :o

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

HawkLA

My wife's ggetc grandfather was William Whitley a KY pioneer and noted Indian fighter. I have wanted to duplicate his rifle (lower one in top pic) but realize I don't have the talent or money to have it done.