Author Topic: Kibler Copy ....Finished...(Replaced all of the Photos !)  (Read 64265 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Re: Kibler Copy ....Finished...(Replaced all of the Photos !)
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2017, 06:57:17 PM »
Tim,

Since I couldn't see the originally posted photos I thought that I would never be able to remember which photo went where.  However, what I tried was to go to the original post and click on the "Modify" button.  When the post came up, the PhotoBucket links have the name or number of the photo as part of the link.  I then clicked on the new "Add image to post" and uploaded the same photos from my files.  They show up at the end of the post you are modifying, so I cut and pasted each one under the original PhotoBucket link to make sure I had the correct photo and that I had all of them.  Then I went through and deleted the PhotoBucket links (which made me feel good).  It sounds more complicated than it really turned out to be.

KC and n stephenson,

Thank you for the kind words.  One of these days I will make it to a CLA event. Even more than handling originals, I am looking forward to meeting so many of the talented and kind people I have exchanged ideas with on this board in person.

webradbury,

When the guns are fired on a ship like that it feels like.....freedom.  The weapons, be they long rifles or battleships, of dedicated men, armed in defense of freedom give a sense of purpose the protected will never know.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 06:59:18 PM by davec2 »
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline SingleMalt

• One day I'll be considered a good builder.
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2017, 02:53:09 AM »
That's really beautiful work, Dave.  The meteor sights are a nice touch.
Never drink whisky that isn't old enough to vote.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."- Plato

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2017, 10:13:38 PM »
 Thanks, Tim

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2020, 09:00:09 PM »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread again, but this one was the focus of a lot of the emails I got about updating the photos......others were interested in the sights made out of a meteor.  And, as it turned out, this was the primary thread that I MISSED FIXING THE PICTURES ....... :-\ :o >:(

They are fixed now !!
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Daryl

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2020, 10:01:41 PM »
Looking great, Dave - and shooting nicely as well.
Any further load work?
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2020, 10:14:23 PM »
Daryl,

Unfortunately I have not had any opportunity to go shoot this rifle very much !!!  I have been building rifles faster than I can go spend the time to really work on load development for any of them....which was never the plan !!!  I have the time, here and there, to work on building, but it is a day long event just to get to the range around here.  But work is slowing down at present, so I plan on just disappearing for a week or so, just to go shoot.... ;)

Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780