Author Topic: Bean rifles  (Read 17997 times)

Offline Curly Bean

• Starting Member
Re: Bean rifles
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »
My name is Curly Bean. You are spot on with your family history. We came form inventive colorful people. The stories seem to indicate a spirit of the frontier that we still possess. Thanks for the information that confirms what l know. You are correct even to all the different ways our name is spelled.

CARROLLCO

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2019, 06:01:00 AM »
If, my memory is correct , (had a stroke and short term memory loss) there are photos of Bean riflesin Foxfire 5. Only black and white tho. Seems it has a good shot of a Bean signature on a barrel. I like the business like lines of Bean rifles. Elegant in their simple lines.

Offline Curly Bean

• Starting Member
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2019, 03:52:52 PM »
Thanks for such a history of my family. I build flintlocks myself. Must be in the blood.

Offline rsells

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2019, 09:51:45 PM »
I didn't read in depth the replies on  your post. My info may have been covered, but I wanted to make sure you knew of my two references. Randal Pierce just put out a book "Kentucky Rifles of the Great Smoky Mountains" that has a couple Baxter Bean Rifles in it that is well worth the cost.  Also, the Kentucky Rifle Association is selling a DVD with photographs of the same group of Southern rifles in them that were on display in the Smoky area earlier.  The details in the DVD are great reference material, and in the back of Randal's book, there is a page with a bunch of measurements from each of the rifles that have been of great help to me on a Bean rifle I will be building shortly. The Kentucky Rifle Foundation DVD is great.  I used it to project a side profile on the wall, moved the projector back and forth from the wall until I got the photo measurements to meet the reference measurements from Randal's book, and drew a profile to use when doing the stock and hardware during the build.  Good luck with your build.
                                                                        Roger Sells

Offline Curly Bean

• Starting Member
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2019, 08:42:16 PM »
My name is Michael Bean. I enjoyed reading your article abort our family. Everything l have read fits well with your version. Thanks again.