Author Topic: 2020 Jaeger Rifle Making Class  (Read 531 times)

Offline Ron Scott

2020 Jaeger Rifle Making Class
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:54:51 PM »
My class for the 2020 NMLRA seminar is based on this example. I will be making moulds of the mounts, trigger and lock using hardshell epoxy, which will enhance surface detail and parts consistency.  I anticipate offering two or three lock choices depending upon a students ability to build a lock from castings or use a finished commercial lock. Barrels will be made up in the same profile as the original ( 28 1/2 inch swamped).  I have a wide range of European Walnut stocks from plain to exhibition for students to choose from. The rifle will be available for examination and some disassembly during the session to study construction details.  Study casts of the carving will be a part of each students material package.

I will have this rifle at the CLA show and will be happy to discuss the class.  Registration is done through Brenda Hooton at  the NMLRA office.   

Offline SteveMKentucky

• Starting Member
Re: 2020 Jaeger Rifle Making Class
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 03:09:14 AM »
As you know, I'm in Ron.

Steve Minning

Offline Lindisfarne793

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 12:19:57 PM »
Where and when is the class?

Offline SteveMKentucky

• Starting Member
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 02:57:28 PM »
Where and when is the class?

The class will be held on the campus of Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green Kentucky.  It's a nine-day course usually held at the end of May/beginning of June.

Here's a link to this year's NMLRA announcement:   

https://www.nmlragunsmithingseminar.org

Offline Lindisfarne793

• Starting Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 06:02:48 AM »
Thanks very much