Author Topic: Small Southern Banded Horn  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
Small Southern Banded Horn
« on: June 18, 2019, 09:48:58 PM »
I am working on southern banded horns these days.   I just finished this one which I don't think is too bad.  It is the one where I got the tip stuck.   It comes off now.  It is about 13 1/2" around the outside curve staple to stopper.   The base plug is a little under 2 1/4" in diameter.   The horn has a screw-tip with a female thread (male thread on the horn).   Let me know what you think.   If I still have it at the end on next month,  I may put it in for judging at Dixon's and see what the judges say about it.   It may be a little too heavy, but you can't tell that from pictures.

Offline Bob McBride

• TENNESSEE
    • Black Powder TV
Re: Small Southern Banded Horn
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:47:23 PM »
Love it Mark. Well done.

Offline BOB HILL

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Beautiful horn, Mark. Well balanced.  Thanks for sharing it.
Bob
South Carolina Lowcountry

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:44:25 PM »
good looking horn, fit and finish are very attractive. Strictly my personal observation is that the tip, although very well done, is a out of scale with the rest of the horn.
Mark
Mark

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 07:18:19 PM »
good looking horn, fit and finish are very attractive. Strictly my personal observation is that the tip, although very well done, is a out of scale with the rest of the horn.
Mark

Thanks for the feedback.  Is it too long, too thick, or both?  I tried to thin it down more than I usually do, but I guess it could have been thinner.   I am afraid of the tip cracking, so I leave them a bit heavier than perhaps I should.