Author Topic: Lehigh finished  (Read 1220 times)

Offline RockLock92

Lehigh finished
« on: July 06, 2019, 12:04:16 AM »
This is a bit of a delayed post... My Dad and I (mostly my Dad ;) ) finally finished the Lehigh build. I want to thank everyone on this forum for all the help and advice and I want to especially thank Mike Lyons aka Afghanvet for hooking me up with madder lake for the varnish and Eric Von Aschwege for his detailed plans.

Specs:
14.5 LOP

44 B weight Colerain Bbl in .50

Stock was a pre carve from muzzleloaderbuilderssupply.com (Rupp pattern I believe)

L&R Classic lock

Brass furniture was mostly from muzzleloader builders supply with a Goehring buttplate

upload image

image upload
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:40:54 PM by RockLock92 »

Offline Mike Lyons

• Afghanvet
Re: Lehigh finished
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:59:45 AM »
A lot of work went into that rifle.   That buttplate and patchbox looks machined it’s finished so we’ll.   I really like the incised carving on the stock and your nose cap.  Let us know how it shoots.  I’d start out with a light load and work up.  ;)

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 01:55:01 AM »
Nice job, I know how difficult those are.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 03:52:49 AM »
The photos of your work are excellent, and they demonstrate the attention to detail that has gone into your build.  Really nice work on the buttplate return, nose piece and shaping the forestock.  The stepped wrist has me a little bewildered though...probably just me.  Overall, well done.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

J.E. Moore

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 03:54:56 PM »
Fine lookin rifle!