Author Topic: Bring your unfinished or finished guns to Dixon's  (Read 1856 times)

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
Bring your unfinished or finished guns to Dixon's
« on: July 06, 2019, 05:00:59 AM »
Hi,
Matt Harshbarger and I are offering our expertise as gun makers and students of 18th and early 19th century forearms to advise, consult, and critique your finished and unfinished gun projects at Dixon's Gunmakers Fair.  Matt is one of the judges of firearms at the fair.  He is a member of the Kentucky Rifle Association and the Contemporary Longrifle Association.  He studied under Allen Martin for several years and is well known for his superb work.  I believe most of you know me and my work so perhaps there is no need for an introduction. This is an opportunity to get some help with your projects on a private one to one basis.  Matt and I will be doing this by individual appointments so we can be sure to give you undivided attention.  I will be available for meeting with you after noon on Friday, July 26 and Saturday July 27, and between 10AM-noon on Sunday, July 28.  Matt is available during 9AM-11AM Friday and 2PM-4PM Saturday.  We will try to schedule at least a 30 minute time slot with you and perhaps more depending on interest.  Contact me by PM on ALR and Matt on his Facebook account under his name, Matt Harshbarger. There is no charge for this opportunity.  Matt and I are volunteering our time as a service to the community.  It should be almost as good as sitting on my shop porch talking guns.

dave   
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:14:11 AM by smart dog »
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

M.D.H. Flintlock

Re: Bring your unfinished or finished guns to Dixon's
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 04:10:43 PM »
Anyone may PM me through the site here as well.  I’ve gotten my sign ons squared away now.
Thanks
Matt

Offline Jeff Durnell

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:44:24 PM »
Wow. I won't be able to be there, but that's a refreshingly selfless gesture and a great opportunity for folks seeking advice. Thank you for your generosity. Very cool.

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 09:20:13 PM »
Hi,
I am just bumping this back up to the top to mention it again.

dave

Offline Ezra

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 10:10:23 PM »
How I wish I could come.  Thank you for your generosity.

Ez
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 03:49:33 PM »
Hi,
Just bumping this to the top.  If you intend to consult with Matt or I about your gun, please make an appointment via PM.  We are doing it that way so we can give your project private and undivided attention.  Currently I am pretty booked up for Friday but I am available Saturday afternoon at 1PM, and again after 3PM, and Sunday 10AM to noon.
You need to check with Matt about his schedule at this point.

dave

Offline WKevinD

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 05:20:59 AM »
Dave,
You do know that having you review my work is in itself very intimidating. How about Saturday afternoon?
Kevin
PEACE is that glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.  Thomas Jefferson