Author Topic: My new knife.  (Read 1329 times)

Offline will payne

• AKA dead eye/ Coder /Ethical Hacker
My new knife.
« on: July 16, 2019, 12:59:17 AM »
My dad gave me this really nice knife yesterday. He got 2 or 3 years ago and he new exactly what knife I would like.

🕯
Will

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Elnathan

Re: My new knife.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 02:07:18 AM »
Nifty knives are always nice.

Get an old fashioned whetstone and a strop and learn to sharpen it freehand. I was about your age when I first got a knife and learned to sharpen it on a bit of whetstone I picked up at the local farmers' market, and it turns out to be a skill that is both very useful and pretty rare these days.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition -  Rudyard Kipling

Offline Craig Wilcox

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 01:15:16 AM »
Will, that is an excellent skinning knife, and is also slim enough to be a good boning knife.  Keep it sharp and clean, and it will help take care of YOU.
Craig Wilcox
We are all elated when Dame Fortune smiles at us, but remember that she is always closely followed by her daughter, Miss Fortune.

Offline Mike from OK

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 12:22:32 AM »
Looks really familiar! LOL

Any idea where your dad got it?

Mike

Offline Mick C

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 06:36:22 PM »
Awesome and handy little knives!!
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!