Author Topic: The Lion and the Lamb  (Read 3081 times)

Offline rlm

The Lion and the Lamb
« on: July 26, 2019, 08:05:41 PM »
Get ready to establish a line of credit, the Lion and the Lamb rifle will be offered at Morphys Auction this October. Presale estimate 250,000 to 500,000.

Offline vanu

Re: The Lion and the Lamb
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 01:35:19 AM »
Well...at that price, I'd much rather have this rifle than a Paterson Colt with 20% blue...

Bruce Larson

Offline rlm

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 04:10:14 AM »
Didn't mean to imply that this rifle isn't worthy of the estimate, just an exciting occurrence!

Offline Squirrel pizza

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 05:52:15 AM »
Just 250/500? Really? Put me down for three of them!

Offline vanu

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 09:04:11 PM »
rlm...sorry,  wasn't knocking you! Just opining about the relative values of antique arms! You certainly are correct, this is a wonderful opportunity to obtain one of the great early longrifles! Even if one cant afford to purchase arms of this stature, the catalog will be an outstanding addition to any collectors library.

Bruce

Offline Bob Roller

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2019, 03:57:30 PM »
rlm...sorry,  wasn't knocking you! Just opining about the relative values of antique arms! You certainly are correct, this is a wonderful opportunity to obtain one of the great early longrifles! Even if one cant afford to purchase arms of this stature, the catalog will be an outstanding addition to any collectors library.

Bruce

Offer it to the same man that paid $22,000,000 for Gary Cooper's SSJ Duesenberg.
OR maybe the guy that paid $60,000,000 for an Italian car of whatever make it was.
Wouldn't it feel good to write a check and have the bank bounce instead of the check ;D

Bob Roller
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:29:38 AM by Bob Roller »

Online Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »

Wouldn't it feel good to write a check and have the bank bounce instead of the check ;D

Bob Roller

;D ;D ;D
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline 120RIR

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 12:50:58 AM »
Where does one see the sale estimate numbers?  I only see several featured rifles/muskets on the October 30 auction. 

Thanks!
B.

Offline rlm

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 03:58:54 AM »
Morphys have circulated flyers with colored photos of this rifle at various shows, estimate stated there.

Offline smart dog

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 01:32:21 AM »
Hi,
I hope the new owner doesn't just lock the gun away in a vault never to be seen until he sells it.  I'll bet Albrecht and Oerter would get a kick out of how much money they have made for others.

dave 
"The main accomplishment of modern economics is to make astrology look good."

Offline backsplash75

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 03:47:46 PM »
"How much...is a sunset worth? What's the price of a sonnet?"  ;D

https://kindigrifles.com/sun_article.html
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:03:27 PM by backsplash75 »

Offline bama

• Calvary Longrifles
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 01:26:48 PM »
I got to see this rifle on display at the KRA show in June. It is a truly great rifle and I hope that it does not get tucked away either. This rifle along with several early rifles that were on the Presidents display made the long trip from Alabama to Pittsburgh worth it. 
Jim Parker

"An Honest Man is worth his weight in Gold"

Offline Shreckmeister

• GGGG Grandpa Schrecengost Gunsmith/Miller
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 01:25:55 AM »
It will be interesting to see what one of the great early rifles will bring. It certainly was a treat to see it at KRA. Other legendary rifles like the Kuntz flint swivel and the Hansen collection, there to examine, not behind a glass showcase like in a museum make KRA membership an honor. I’d love to see more new blood joining and sharing their knowledge. I can think of nowhere else you can touch American history like at the annual meeting. It certainly deepened my interest in preserving and researching history.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.