Author Topic: Display Stand  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
Display Stand
« on: July 29, 2019, 10:51:01 PM »
 I needed something to display walking sticks at shows, this is what I came up with. It is made from  5 qtr White Cedar left as cut. The sticks made it top heavy so I drilled 6 or 7 1" holes in the lower piece and poured Wheel weights in them, that fixed the tipping problem. Painted Black, sanded back a bit, then a coat of light stain, once dry it was waxed. It is held together with a couple of press fit Rose head nails so it can be taken down.

Tim C.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:56:07 PM by Tim Crosby »

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
Re: Display Stand
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 11:10:08 PM »
That is really, really cool!  Good thinking.
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline will payne

• AKA dead eye/ Coder /Ethical Hacker
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:42 AM »
Wow that’s a work off art.
🕯
Will

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Curtis Makamson

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 02:00:59 AM »
What a clever solution.   
Dubious artisan, semi-literate writer, pretend photographer, woeful speaker, impractical dreamer, hoarder of distractions, purveyor of irrelevance, connoisseur of whimsy, prolific starter, paltry finisher.

Offline aaronc

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 04:36:08 PM »
Nice work on the canes. Tomahawk gets my vote from here.
- Aaron C
At the work bench.

Offline Mick C

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 07:16:26 PM »
Super nice!!  But I'm thinking the tomahawk headed cane would not only be a bit hard on the hand but I have my doubts about it getting through security at the airport  :)
My profile picture is my beloved K9 best friend and soulmate, Buster Brown, who passed away in 2018.  I miss you buddy!

Offline aaronc

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 07:36:38 PM »
Super nice!!  But I'm thinking the tomahawk headed cane would not only be a bit hard on the hand but I have my doubts about it getting through security at the airport  :)

LOL,....yeah TSA would probably look at you funny.
- Aaron C
At the work bench.

Offline hanshi

• My passion is longrifles!
    • martialartsusa.com
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 11:36:49 PM »
Yes, very cool.
!Jozai Senjo! "always present on the battlefield"
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 12:23:39 AM »

Surprisingly it isn't, now the TSA thang...I don't think would be a good idea, probably end up sticking out of a plant at the Air Port ;D

Tim   

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2019, 12:25:52 AM »
 Thanks for the positive comments, as has been said many times here before,
"Necessity, the Mother of Invention"

Tim

Offline Greg Pennell

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2019, 12:42:51 AM »
Tim, I love the way you antiqued the finish. I made something similar once upon a time, to hold fishing rods. Don’t know what ever became of it...I think my brother may have it in Alaska.

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2019, 04:15:40 AM »
Really nice stand bud.  That finish is something I'd be proud to have done.  Give you a problem, and stand back.  Something good will come out of it.   :-) 

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 01:59:33 PM »

Surprisingly it isn't, now the TSA thang...I don't think would be a good idea, probably end up sticking out of a plant at the Air Port ;D

Tim

Now that I think of it the stick in the center wouldn't make it through either, it is a Sword Cane. TC

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 02:21:31 AM »

Tim

I LIKE that sword cane ..........

Now that I think of it the stick in the center wouldn't make it through either, it is a Sword Cane. TC
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"