Author Topic: Filman Double rifle  (Read 1005 times)

Online lexington1

Filman Double rifle
« on: August 12, 2019, 11:30:08 PM »
I finally got the double rifle from the JM Davis auction. It is by W. Filman. It's a neat little gun. One barrel is approx. .36 cal and the other is approx. .45 cal. The .45 barrel is smoothbore. It needs some help as someone smeared wood putty over places where wood was missing, including over the bottom side of the patchbox.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:58:03 AM by lexington1 »

Offline cshirsch

Re: Filman Double rifle
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 01:21:49 AM »
I was going to bid on the other Filman rifle but I did not want to spend too much until I got to the rifle I really, really wanted.  Luckily I did get the one I wanted at a low price.  I think your gun is pretty cool.

Online lexington1

Re: Filman Double rifle
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 03:42:40 AM »
This was one of the first auctions and I got it really cheap. I had illusions that the rest of the auctions were going to be equally cheap. There were some good deals, but all in all a lot of it was junk. I think you got a heck of a good deal on your States rifle. I really thought about that military Jaeger, but I only had so much $ to spend and I wanted to bid on the flint rifle that I got. I really thought about that Hawken (just kidding). I did also pick up a nice Lorenz Civil War rifle fairly cheaply that they had listed as a Kentucky rifle  :o