Author Topic: Help! :( Bent Cock??  (Read 5959 times)

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
Re: Help! :( Bent Cock??
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2019, 06:27:43 PM »
If you make x dollars per hour at a full time job, your spare time is worth at least 1 1/2x, is it not?  And that is not to compensate you for your considerable skill, time in learning the trade, investment in tools, etc.  Don't sell yourselves short, folks.
In my case, the doctor asked me if I "could absorb the tax", which totaled 13%.  In other words, he wanted me to pay the tax on a purchase he had made.  ...more crust than a pie factory.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Offline WadePatton

• Tennessee
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 07:41:30 PM »
Taylor, your mention of a doctor reminded me of a conversation I once had with one. (No disrespect meant to the medical profession here, some of my best friends and family are in it) He asked a price to build a rifle on the order of one I had on display. I gave him what I considered a fair price. He asked me how much  I charged per hour that was like a lot of money. I responded that I had never tracked the hours I spent on a gun I worked in my spare time and that if I had I would probably never take another order. He had already let me know that he was a doctor, so I asked how much he charged per hour for his work. He informed me that he had gone to school for years studying his craft and that was why he could command so much. I told him I had spent most of my life studying the many crafts that went into building the rifle he was holding. He said he had never thought of it that way. Many people need to see letters behind your name to be able to give credit to your achievements.

That's a good job of educating your potential customer.  Some will understand and make good clients, some already know everything (as you might have noticed).  They can be difficult.
Hold to the Wind

Smokey Plainsman

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2019, 06:25:43 AM »
Guys, the lock is back.

It’s fixed!! Everything seems to now be functioning normally. I am now noticing that if I tighten the sideplate screw too much, the set triggers turn wonky so I might need to address that, but as is it seems all is well.

Seems no screws are interfering with the cock and its traversment. Overall, I’m relieved and am so happy to FINALLY get the rifle to the range. The gun might need a bit more tweaking and adjustment, but as is, I’ve got the product I originally ordered and despite the issues, it seems to be all good. Looking forward to burning smoke with this rifle.

Thanks all for the support, take care!!

-Smokey