Author Topic: Jim Webb strap - Tree of Life  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Marcruger

Jim Webb strap - Tree of Life
« on: August 18, 2019, 07:57:46 PM »
I thought you all might enjoy one of Jim Webb's folksy straps I picked up at CLA.  This is a "Tree of Life" pattern, and could be used for a bag, a horn, or a sling.  Buckskin, with wool stiffener "sandwich", and lots of patient embroidery.  All by hand, no machine.  Jim says he can make one of these in about a week's solid working time. 

I love the raccoon in the tree.  :-) 

God Bless,   Marc

Offline Greg Pennell

Re: Jim Webb strap - Tree of Life
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:53:10 PM »
Jim and Susie always have the neatest stuff, and that is just plain awesome!  Nice catch!

Greg
“Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks” Thomas Jefferson

Offline G. Elsenbeck

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:26:43 PM »
More great stuff from Jim Webb, thanks for showing.
Journeyman in the Honourable Company of Horners (HCH) and a member in the Contemporary Longrifle Association (CLA)

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Offline Mark Elliott

• Mark Elliott  Artist & Craftsman
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 08:38:11 PM »
Not to take anything away from the work, but the work on the strap seems to be more applique than embroidery.   Am I seeing it wrong?   I am just trying to figure out how he did it.

Mark

Offline aaronc

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 08:43:54 PM »
Not to take anything away from the work, but the work on the strap seems to be more applique than embroidery.   Am I seeing it wrong?   I am just trying to figure out how he did it.

Mark

It's an awesome piece,..I was also trying to figure out if it was leather over leather or something else as well. It was one of my wife's favorite tables,..and for good reason.
- Aaron C
At the work bench.

Heyboy

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 10:22:08 PM »
I just got off the phone with Jim this morning. It’s leather with wool between. I just bought one of his bags at my rendezvous and someone robbed the strap and put on a woven strap. He’s going to make one for me when I ship the bag down in September. Him and his wife both got on the phone and they asked what I wanted and were so nice to talk to!