Author Topic: New product! - Flintlocks  (Read 5261 times)

Offline Scota4570

Re: New product! - Flintlocks
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2019, 02:01:10 AM »
The more Jim makes in house the better it gets.  He is the among best right already.  Hopefully he can carry the torch for the older generation. While doing so he will improve industry quality dramatically.  When Jim makes a new kit will always buy some examples.  His products are so much better than, almost everyone else,  that the comparison is not fair.   

This is not to say that some others are not good enough and can not be made into a fine rifle.  Just that most of the offerings feature junky castings that sloppily assembled by uncaring wage labor.  I have had enough fun trying to make such stuff work properly.  I see lots of shooters who are happy with very low quality guns that are not reliable and don't last.  They are often befuddled when I explain why I can not fix their problem in a reasonable time frame and at an affordable price.

The high end market is small.  Hopefully Jim gets enough market share.  Hopefully enough  knowledgeable folks appreciate Jim's products enough to support his efforts by buying them. 

Added later: My post has rambled, I had another thought.  Making high quality mass produced locks and triggers that can compare to the best hand made items is an amazing bit of progress.  Making them at a competitive price is a game changer.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 04:48:53 AM by Scota4570 »

Offline RAT

« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2019, 05:41:51 AM »
Jim... thanks for the shouldered sear screw and bridal pins. Outstanding!

+1 for a late English style lock. "V" shaped waterproof pan... double-throated cock... and maybe also a percussion version.
Bob

Offline Marcruger

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2019, 05:10:20 PM »
That is beautiful work Jim. 

Whoever is doing your photography is also to be commended.  That photo of the engraved lock looks like art to my eye. 

God Bless,   Marc

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2019, 06:36:59 PM »
Thank you all so much.  We try very hard and it's good to know it's appreciated.  Katherine does the photography.  Thanks for noticing her great work!  She really doesn't get enough credit.  I take care of making stuff, but she basically does EVERYTHING else with the business.  We make a pretty good team!

Nope, we won't be at Friendship.  We'll probably be doing some more shows next year to show our new products.

If, I've missed any questions, just let me know. 

All the best,
Jim

Offline Justin Urbantas

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2019, 07:36:58 PM »
I'd put in another vote for a late English flintlock.  I'll be the first in line with money in hand.  :)