Author Topic: Italian Black powder proof standards  (Read 1136 times)

Offline stuart cee dub

Italian Black powder proof standards
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:21:15 PM »
Does anyone know what the proof standards are in Italy for a black powder round ball gun ?

I'm moving to Italy as a resident alien (it's a long story )and am trying to figure out if i arrange an import of my .50 caliber flintlock round ball gun (A large Siler sparking a .50 caliber Colerain 38''c weight barrel )
and if I would need it proofed if I can get it over there .The proof house is about an hour and a half away in Gardone.

While I could get some kind of locally made Pedersoli which would certainly be easier I'm not overly fond of the quality of most of their flintlocks guns .I even have a club to shoot at.

Offline Daryl

Re: Italian Black powder proof standards
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 10:38:16 AM »
That's quite a move, Stuart.
Cool luck & best wishes!
Daryl

"a gun without hammers is like a spaniel without ears" King George V

Offline drago

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 04:22:58 PM »
Take a extra lock, it may be  easier to do than wait on any parts if ever needed.

Offline stuart cee dub

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 03:34:57 AM »
I thought about bringing an extra lock too .

Iit's like going into the wilderness with just one gun .What do you bring ?
 It's not an academic to me anymore.
A  bit of a risk as people have had issues sending things to Europe .

I'm visiting a gunshop in the town that I'm moving to to see what they can tell me A friend of mine told me it was cheaper to buy something over there and that may still be the answer .

I'm just not sold on the fact that they have decent guns and especially good sport shooting flintlocks over there .The market is somewhat limited if you want a long rifle .They do have active blackpowder shooters .I'm just not much interested in a perdersoli jager with peep sights.