Author Topic: Steve Davis - Is he still building?  (Read 1634 times)

westbrook

Steve Davis - Is he still building?
« on: October 09, 2019, 01:46:02 AM »
Anyone know if Steve is still building guns?

Last contact I had with him was at the CLA show about 15 years ago.

Really admired his work

Offline Jim Chambers

Re: Steve Davis - Is he still building?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 04:04:28 AM »
Steve now lives in the UP of MI.  I know he just completed a rifle for Buford Blanton that had been on order for 20 some odd years.  Don't know how much work if any he's doing these days.  I understand he lives pretty far off the beaten path, you park your car down by the road and walk a considerable distance up to the cabin.

westbrook

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 04:46:50 AM »
Thanks Mr. Chambers

That sounds about right, he loved grouse hunting up there and said he was going to retire up that way. I probably wouldnt get much work done up there either, too much huntin & fishin to do.

He built a nice rifle....This one was my favorite...
https://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/2009/08/steve-davis.html

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »
Steve now lives in the UP of MI.  I know he just completed a rifle for Buford Blanton that had been on order for 20 some odd years.  Don't know how much work if any he's doing these days.  I understand he lives pretty far off the beaten path, you park your car down by the road and walk a considerable distance up to the cabin.
That is inspirational! Something quite similar to that in my near future. Already got the ice broke with the little gal, she's on board since she retires in June. I ain't walkin down to the road though..... ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Robert Wolfe

• Great X Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 03:59:59 PM »
Wow, that rifle on the Contemporary blog is very nice.
Robert Wolfe
Northern Indiana