Author Topic: WTK: C.R. Douglas built Flintlock? Anyone know him? Golden Age Firearms Co.?  (Read 8322 times)

AZ Longrifle

I bought my 1st Flintlock Rifle by C.R. Douglas.
Anyone know who he is or where he is located?
Thank you!

Offline rsells

I assume the Douglas stamp is on the barrel in block letters and caliber stamped in line with it.  Douglas barrel company marked their barrels this way.
                                                                                 Roger Sells

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
I bought my 1st Flintlock Rifle by C.R. Douglas.
Anyone know who he is or where he is located?
Thank you!

G.R. Douglas is a barrel maker that used to do ML barrels.
Usually stamped with small block letters and the caliber is often stamped as well.
They made 7 groove barrels for Golden Age Arms and the one I have is marked GR Douglas for Golden Age Arms or some such.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine

AZ Longrifle

Thank you both, that's what I needed to know.
I found that Jim Johnson had the rifle built by one of his Gunsmiths in the 1970s.
Golden Age Firearms Co. was the name on it.

Offline B Shipman

• W.G. Shipman Gunmaker
One of those gunsmiths was Jerry Kirkland. And if so you probably have a very fine rifle. If you can post some pictures prehaps we can tell.

AZ Longrifle

One of those gunsmiths was Jerry Kirkland. And if so you probably have a very fine rifle. If you can post some pictures prehaps we can tell.
I'll take some pics of it this weekend and post them.
Thanks

Offline bowkill

I will post some picks tomorrow of one..
μολὼν λαβέ (Come and take them)

Offline bowkill

Offline D. Buck Stopshere

If I am reading the lock plate correctly, it might be "Ray L. Morgan, Dalton, GA".

When I shot on the pistol line at Friendship back in the '80's and '90's, I met Ray and bought a "rack & pinion" cylinder press for my revolver loading. I still use the press, sn #11, today at local matches.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

NMLRA Field Rep- North Carolina

Offline bowkill

Don't mean to hijack this thread but need to start a new thread and see what people know about rifle..

Offline smokinbuck

During that same time period Jim had rifles being made by Larry Bryner and Dick Bingham as well as Jerry Kirkland. All were very accomplished builders. A friend has a Vincent built by Jerry. A beautiful simple rifle.
Mark
Mark