Author Topic: pics of cla show  (Read 17053 times)

Steve Lindsay

Re: pics of cla show
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 06:06:47 AM »
Welcome to the ALR Steve. As you saw its a great bunch of guys and I am sure you will enloy it and be a great help to many as well.

For anyone out there who hates or dreads to sharpen gravers,  you need to check out Steve's sharpening system.  His patented parallel point works great and the sharpening fixtures are reasonably priced and nearly fool proof.
They are also adaptable to both bench stones or a power hone.  I bought the whole bundle at the CLA show but you can pick and choose if you want.
I've already sharpened two points and used them in hand chisels.  They get a big thumbs-up as far as I'm concerned.

Welcome to the forum Steve!
And for those of you that might not know, Steve is without a doubt one of the best engravers in the entire Universe!
His web-site is packed with great engraving information, and his video tutorials are nothing short of amazing!
John

Thank you for your kindness and making me feel welcome at the show and here on the forum.   :)
Steve

Offline rick landes

Re: pics of cla show
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 03:43:23 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your efforts to share the pics!!!!
“No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson