Author Topic: Heffley Creek plus rain  (Read 4246 times)

doug

Heffley Creek plus rain
« on: August 21, 2008, 01:10:45 AM »
     Well this year I was going to load the truck in a slow and organized fashion over 2 days but of course it started to rain yesterday, so back to the usual one day rush.  Luckily the rain stopped last night.  Also luckily I got the poles on and most of the gear in the back of the truck before the rain started again this afternoon ; grumble grumble and the forecast is sounding moist for tomorrow as well (snivel)

How are things up nort of here;rain there as well?   At least it should keep the fire hazard down at Heffley.

cheers Doug

Leatherbelly

Re: Heffley Creek plus rain
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:26:55 AM »
  Hey Doug,
   Showers up here also,some sun. Be there tomorrow night! Hope to camp away from the "swamp beings"! Need some R&R this year too. Look forward seeing you and the better half.Cheers

Harnic

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:45:39 AM »
Raining here too guys, so it is at Heffley too.  Will be good as this will knock down the dust & the fire hazzard!  I'll be up there next Tuesday, see you then!

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 02:26:14 AM »
I started packing at the end of last week.  Tomorrow I'll load the truck.   Tonight, I pick up the targets for the primitive archery.  Bring your bow, LB.
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

doug

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:31:31 AM »
  Hey Doug,
   Showers up here also,some sun. Be there tomorrow night! Hope to camp away from the "swamp beings"! Need some R&R this year too. Look forward seeing you and the better half.Cheers

I expect to be up same place as last year where the drainage is good :>)  If the ferries don't break down, will get there in mid afternoon.  See you there also

cheers Doug

Daryl

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 03:00:55 AM »
Packing?  - Why, we've got more than a day left to pack- sheesh!

Offline Dave B

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 04:21:15 AM »
So can I bring black powder accross the boarder to the shoot or is that purchased at the shoot? I am thinking that may be next year I may try to make the treck up that way.
Dave B
Dave Blaisdell

Teach

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 05:11:10 AM »
Anyone entering Canada is  allowed to bring to bring 17.8lbs of blackpowder  for your own personal use
 Not so  for Candians  though, as an alien in the US we are not allowed to be in possession of blackpowder.