Author Topic: NORTH HAMPTON- LEHIGH - BERKS CO. LONGRIFLES by ERIC KETTENBERG  (Read 5680 times)

PINYONE

I need some support from all of you front loaders to join in on this topic- we all are aware that Eric Kettenberg has done miles of research and Documentation on the topic I have listed- it would be a big help to have him publish a Book on this topic- it is a shame that no one has accomplished this task to date - with the exception of Ron Gables small publications- I would say that Eric could do this. We all know how hw pushed for the Rice Barrels recently with paid orders up front- Eric can estimate the cost of this project and post the results on here- I would guess it wouldn't take long to have the funds needed. Lets all gang up on him and get this done! The Gtreat Pinyone!

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Re: NORTH HAMPTON- LEHIGH - BERKS CO. LONGRIFLES by ERIC KETTENBERG
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
I'd really love a book like that, if it included a series of cross sections on the stocks.
When its not possible to see and handle the real thing, cross sections are a big help.

best regards

Rolfkt

Offline Dan'l 1946

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:40:14 PM »
I would most definitely want a copy!

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 04:26:31 AM »
Yep
Kunk

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 07:29:54 AM »
I would sign up for one in a heart beat.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline Eric Kettenburg

• Eric Kettenburg
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 02:21:27 PM »
Oh stop it!  Really thanks for the ego trip.  I appreciate the kind thoughts, I really do.  But something liek this will not be happening with my involvement, at least not anytime soon.  It's just too easy to write something up and post it on my site, slap a few pictures on it and done.  Plus, as new information comes to light, which it always does, I can modify things in real time and make myself look like a genius whereas once it's in print, it's in print baby!  I'd never have the time to try to get something organized for printing.  And, there's the issue of photos.  There are a number of pieces extant, important pieces in the 'big picture', which I simply have not been able convince the owners to allow me to photograph.  So there's that also.  I certainly am glad so many of you think highly of me in regards to this specific region.  It's been my primary interest for a long time and I am extremely grateful for the recognition!

I believe Patrick Hornberger is working on a book for Berks which ought to be grand.  My personal interest in Berks has always been pretty limited to the eastern townships along or near the old NH/Lehigh line, the 'east of Reading' area.  Primarily the Angstadts and Georges.  Let's hope any work dealing w/ Berks yields lots of photos of those wack jobs!
Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government!

Offline Long John

• Give me Liberty or give me Death
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 02:59:26 AM »
There is a profound difference between a book that one can open in the peace and quite of a comfortable chair and a print-out from a web-site.  While the web-site has the benenfit of currency the book has the benefit of permanence!

I hope you reconsider and get it done before I kick off!  Please add my name to the list of individuals committed to buy a copy.

Best Regards,

John Cholin

Offline Tom Currie

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
Heck Eric, I'de be interested even in descriptions of pieces that are part of the big picture, even if we can't get a picture ( yet). Seems like it's been a while since we had the "Griffon", " Grafly ", and the possible early Neihardt ( with snowman on the barrel ). I'm hungry for more.

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 03:07:24 AM »
Yup - what Long John said.  That would be one sweet book to curl up with on a cold winter night by the fire.  You can most definately add my name to the list of commited buyers if you ever print one Eric!  That would be one book that MUST be in my collection.

Thanks again for all the time you spent answering my questions at Dixon's 07, and on line.  Very much appreciated.
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"

Offline Dphariss

• Kill a Commie for your Mommy
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 07:42:42 AM »
There is a profound difference between a book that one can open in the peace and quite of a comfortable chair and a print-out from a web-site.  While the web-site has the benenfit of currency the book has the benefit of permanence!

I hope you reconsider and get it done before I kick off!  Please add my name to the list of individuals committed to buy a copy.

Best Regards,

John Cholin

I personally hate reading stuff on screen and have to print anything of any length.
Books also make money generally. Posting on the WWW is easy but there is little profit in it.

Dan
He who dares not offend cannot be honest. Thomas Paine