Author Topic: ALR Museum Gunmaker: Melchoir Fordney Lancaster, PA ( a "Master Gunsmith")  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Hurricane ( of Virginia)

• Library_mod
Day 3:The Museum and Library Committee plans a 12 Day Holiday Spectacular celebrating the First Anniversary of the ALR Museum and Library and  the "Community of Collectors" efforts to promote the study and collection of the "Kentucky Longrifle". To date we have exhibited more than 250 guns; probably the largest and most varied collection of longrifle exhibits ever presented publicly. This was only accomplished because of the support of the collecting community; we thank them and wish them the best for the coming years. We hope others will join in in the future.

Melchoir Fordney:   the most prominent of the Fordney family of Gunsmith of Lancaster, PA.

http://americanlongrifles.org/forum/index.php?topic=8051.0

Please respond by placing your comments here as a "reply."
The Library and Museum Committee

Sean

Re: ALR Museum Gunmaker: Melchoir Fordney Lancaster, PA ( a "Master Gunsmith")
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 04:14:02 PM »
That's a great gun.  I'm really happy that you guys are doing this.  This is one of the greatest resources on the internet.

Sean

jesnive

Re: ALR Museum Gunmaker: Melchoir Fordney Lancaster, PA ( a "Master Gunsmith")
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »
I AM ORGANIZING OUR LOCAL HISTORICAL SOCIETYS FIREARMS AND HAVE COME ACROSS A MELCHOIR FORDNEY PERCUSSION SIDE HAMMER .52 CAL SMOTHBORE. THE LOCK IS MARKED DREPERT AND THE BARREL IS MARKED WLM FORDNEY. THERE ARE ABOUT 30 GUNS IN CLOSETS, SAFES AND JUST LYING AROUND. I AM PREPARING TO TAKE PHOTOS OF ALL THE FIREARMS FOR IDENTIFICATION AND POTENTIAL DISPLAY PURPOSES. I WILL POST A LIST OF THESE GUNS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.  JESNIVE