Author Topic: Friendship?  (Read 6834 times)

Marty

Friendship?
« on: August 28, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »
Just wondering who plans on going to Friendship in a couple weeks.

Ohioan

Re: Friendship?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:57:54 PM »
i'm going on sunday the 14th.  first weekend is the only time to go, most of the dealers leave after the first weekend.

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »
Barbie and I will be in our usual booth # C-5 the first Friday - Monday.  We'll probably head back home on Tues.  We make 95% of our sales the first weekend.  It's just not profitable spending 5 more days there trying to make that last 5%.

Offline b bogart

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 02:05:24 AM »
I'm going on Saturday. Bringing the wife, a nephew, my brother-in-law and my shooting buddy (his first time). I am looking forward to getting there and spending the day! Maybe even picking up some items for a couple of projects ;D. Counting the days.
Bruce

Offline Alan Gommel

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 03:03:58 AM »
I'm going down Tuesday thru Thursday, Going to be out of state the first weekend .
Alan

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 04:22:40 AM »
I'm headed to Friendship on Sunday.  Most of the fellows I want to talk to will be there then.  I have a couple of experiment/projects to check with folks on.  I'd like to find a way to time a percussion lock.

Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 04:52:51 AM »
I'm not going.  My son has chosen the weekend of the 20th to get married, in New Orleans, in the middle of the hurricane season.  Perfect way to start a marriage......wipe out all the in-laws so they don't have to worry about them later.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

chapmans

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 04:58:34 AM »
  I will be leaving on Fri. the 12 and will be staying all week, usually go home after the awards ceremony on the last Sun. Did I mention I like to shoot muzzleloaders!!!
 Steve C.

don getz

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 03:25:36 PM »
John, Allen Martin, Mark Wheland, Art DeCamp and myself may go out for the first week-end......those guys are all coming
to the shop today, will make a final decision then..........Don

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 03:32:25 PM »
I think I've made my  last trip down there. Hey Don, will you pick up my sign for me? I'd gladly pay you to ship it to me.
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Charlie B

• fcibarrels
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »
I'm with Steve I'll be be there early and hopefully stay late . I also LIKE to shoot!! :D
Charlie

Offline C Wallingford

• Northern Kentucky
    • CW Knives
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »
I plan to be there the first weekend. I have now decided to setup in the same booth that I had in the Spring.
Hope I have enough to sell to justify the expense.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:22:37 PM by cwallingford »

don getz

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 01:15:39 AM »
Mike......yes, if we go I'll bring it on home and ship to you.  How are the chickens doing?  Any winners?     Don

Offline Jim Chambers

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 02:43:06 AM »
Mike,
If Don is not able to get the sign I'll pick it up and bring it along to Conner Prairie next month.

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 03:39:06 AM »
OK, Cool guys, many thanks!
 Bad hatches this year, but I'm still going to have some real winners for the late fall/winter shows! ;D
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline Darrin McDonal

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 04:40:49 AM »
I do believe I will be going for the first few days. I am waiting until my better halfs work schedule comes out & try to get her there with my boy. They would have fun, if it doesnt rain that is.
Darrin
Apprentice Gunsmith
Colonial Williamsburg
Owner of Frontier Flintlocks

holzwurm

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »
I'll be there on the paviliion behind Gunmaker cabin Friday through monday (maybe tuesday)

Ohioan

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:58:09 AM »
Well, I've talked my wife into going!  I'll probably be sorry if it's anything like the fall shoot last year, 95 degrees and Sunny.  It's her first time there.  I may have her read some of Foxfire 5 that talks about the Friendship Shoots. 

Don, I hope you guys head over, I'd really like to meet you in person. 

Jim, I'll have my finished York Rifle that I purchased from you last year.

I'll be on the look out for couple of barrels for projects I have lined up.