Author Topic: Floor standing vise - 2001 update  (Read 7233 times)

holzwurm

Floor standing vise - 2001 update
« on: March 20, 2010, 05:23:10 AM »
It's been a while since I did those modifications on the Versa-Vise you all see on my web site so I thought  tobring you al up to date. That was all made before I moved to Colorado. Since I now have a concrete floor in  the basement shop I decided to mount the vise in the floor so I could a better working situation. I did some welding and put one steel tube inside another, welded it up and lagged it to the floor. Now it tilts and rotates. "A" is the bolt/handle that holds the vise at any tilted angle I want. "B" is the collar securing the vise which holds and holds it at any height so I can stand or sit. I tend to sit when finishing of brass and steel parts. "C" is the handle which fixes the whole vise preventing it from moving. I can loosen this one and spin the vise and part 360 degrees while the collar holds the tool at whatever height it was so I don't have to wrestle with the whole thing.

I welded up this angle piece with the round bar that fits the vise. Those little holes have a purpose . . . .

They hold a small table for my files and chisels which I am using for the task at hand.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:21:52 AM by rich pierce »

gtrboy77

Re: Floor standing vise - 2001 update
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 01:15:23 AM »
Sure would be nice if the pics were still on here...

Offline John Archer

• I solemnly swear that I am up to no good
Re: Floor standing vise - 2001 update
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 02:13:51 AM »
Click on HOLZWURM in the left margin of Jerry's post....his profile will come up and there's a link to his website.....good stuff!

John.
I cannot be left unsupervised.
(Sent from my immobile dial-operated telephone)