Author Topic: Interesting Pistol on Gunbroker  (Read 5992 times)

Offline 44-henry

Interesting Pistol on Gunbroker
« on: August 31, 2008, 06:26:10 AM »
Just saw this tonight and thought some of you might be interested. I'm rather surprised that it is getting the kind of bids it is.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=108617192

Offline Brian

• Global Moderator
Re: Interesting Pistol on Gunbroker
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »
Thanks for posting the tip.  A very nice old pistol.  Out of my price range for sure, but it will be interesting to see what it finally goes for.  I'll have to look up that builder.
"This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation"

don getz

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 05:07:02 PM »
Just looked at the pistol.   Did anyone else see the touch mark on the barrel........looks like  "E K"....hmmm, let's see now,
who do I know with those initials?.......Don

Offline Dave B

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:18:33 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on a really cool pistol. It is amazing that it is in the condition that it is. It is only one other early pistol Ive seen found in and old well here a while back that is as early.
Dave Blaisdell

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:43:31 PM »
It is a neat pistol, but I think I would have to see a bit more documentation before I would spend ten grand on it.

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 01:06:38 AM »
Haha, It'd be funny if it was the current EKs experiment in aging, but I doubt it.
If it's the real deal, and it looks like it could be, I expect it will go up a good deal from the current price.
And no doubt the buyer will demand a reasonable hands on inspection period.... I know I would.

John
John Robbins

don getz

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 02:27:10 AM »
John...I have no idea of where this pistol was made, or by whom, but when I saw that touch mark, and it does look like
"E K", I just had to do that.............Don

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 04:26:38 AM »
Haha, It'd be funny if it was the current EKs experiment in aging,

I contacted the guy.  The gun is from a long time collector's estate and was authenticated by 3 different experts at the KRA show in June.

Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline 44-henry

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 05:46:58 AM »
Seems like an odd place to sell such an item doesn't it?

Offline T*O*F

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
Seems like an odd place to sell such an item doesn't it?

Not really.  Because the fees are much lower for both seller and buyer as compared to a regular auction, and if he gets his reserve, everyone is happy.
Dave Kanger

If religion is opium for the masses, the internet is a crack, pixel-huffing orgy that deafens the brain, numbs the senses and scrambles our peer list to include every anonymous loser, twisted deviant, and freak as well as people we normally wouldn't give the time of day.
-S.M. Tomlinson

Offline JTR

• member 2
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 11:44:09 PM »
Don,
I thought it a funny coincidence too, and you just beat me to posting it! :D

As for selling it on Gunbroker, I don’t think it’s all that unusual either. They have a large reader base, so look at it as cheap advertising. The gun has been looked at 354 times so far, and how many of those guys have called someone else to say take a look.
Sort of like putting major Big Buck Ferraris’ on ebay. Most don’t sell there, but most all of them sell, in part due to the ebay exposure.
John
John Robbins

Leanin Chair

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »
Looks like the auction is over and the reserve price was not met. Last bid was $10,500.  Wonder what price he is trying to get?