American Long Rifles Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 25, 2015, 11:14:29 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: *Attention pending new members* If you have not received a link to activate your new ALR membership please email us at: alrsignup@gmail.com .  It appears that several email companies are NOT delivering all of the ALR email even though our server says it was accepted by the email company. If you HAVE NOT received an email with an activation link (and are not spammer) please email us a alrsignup@gmail.com . We don't like dropping pending accounts but we can't keep them forever.

View the Most Recent Posts
View the ALR Mission Statement
View ALR Rules and Policies
Donate to ALR via US Mail or PayPal

+  AmericanLongRifles Forums
|-+  General discussion
| |-+  Gun Building
| | |-+  DeHaas Barrels ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DeHaas Barrels ?  (Read 2348 times)
Muleskinner
Starting Member

« on: March 31, 2010, 05:48:15 AM »

Found one of these barrels for sale in 45 cal with a 1-54" twist....anyone have any experience with these barrels? good shooters?
mgcrumster
Starting Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 07:47:13 AM »

Greetings muleskinner,

Mark De Haas has built barrels for years, and I have found them to be very good shooters....  Mark worked at H&H barrels and learned his trade well, H&H barrels are still winning at the shoots, although they are no longer in business.

Best wishes
                                                                                               mgcrumster

mgcrumter
Roger B

You wouldn't have a snack, would you?

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »

I've owned several & all are excellent shooters.  Nicer people cannot be found.  Mark, himself, is an incredibly accomplished shooter.  I would not hesitate to buy the barrel!
Roger B.

Never underestimate the sheer destructive power of a minimally skilled, but highly motivated man with tools.
Muleskinner
Starting Member

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »

Thanks for the replys......anyone else?
Steve C.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »

I have built 2 guns using Marks barrels,  a .58 and a .40, both are great shooters, you may find a barrel as good as Marks but you won't find one better!!
   Regards, Steve Chapman

Steve C.
pathfinder

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 08:39:02 AM »

I had Mark reproduce a barrel for an original Ohio rifle I had and he was awesome to work with. We talked for a long time and he asked a lot of questions to make sure I got what I needed,and the barrel was perfect and shot like a dream. Highly recommended

20 years later I STILL see the same guy that's on my avatar. Wife see's me differently!
BJH

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 07:46:20 AM »

Contact info?

BJH
bs2

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 08:53:52 AM »

I have 2, very nice Quality!

Mark DeHaas
20049 W State Highway Z
Ridgeway, MO  64481-9336

Phone:   (660) 872-6308
Bentflint

Bruce Everhart

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 08:51:18 AM »

I have been using Mark's barrels for more than 10 years. Never a problem.

Bruce Everhart

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers                                http://flintguns.com/
Frizzen

Phil Piburn

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »

Thats what the wife has on her .32 pistol.  It's won the Nationals 5 times now. We live about
50 miles from Mark & Linda. I will say out of all our barrels, it feels the most uniform when you
push the ball down.

The Pistol Shooter
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length