Please restrict your postings to topics compatible with the mission of this site to promote and support the study, building, and collecting of the American Longrifle.
Allowable topics are:
1. The building or recreation of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms that would have been made or used in North America between 1607 and 1860 (with the exception that mass-produced military arms, used in or after the American Civil War, ARE NOT ALLOWED). Original/Custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms made after 1860, but using the same basic design used prior to 1860, are allowed.
2. The study and collecting of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.
3. The shooting of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.
4. The historical and cultural setting for the manufacture and use of custom side lock muzzle loading sporting arms as defined in item 1.
Any postings that do not comply with the allowable topics listed above may be deleted at the discretion of ALR Admins or Moderators without notice or liability.
Specifically prohibited topics or responses are:
1. Current politics and religion including but not limited to gun control legislation.
2. Advertisements of items for sale or services for hire outside the Items for Sale forum or any items or services that are not consistent with the allowable topics listed above.
3. Any personal attack or personal criticism of another member of the message board. You can criticize an idea but not a person. There will be zero tolerance for this infraction.
4. Defamatory characterizations of the products or services of specific vendors, manufacturers, or makers. Some discussion of products or services that may be construed by some to be negative will be allowed as long as they are specific, factual, and objective and do not violate any other prohibitions such as the use of vulgar, obscene, or profane language.
5. Any discussion of personal business including but not limited to financial transactions, customer service problems, or personal disputes. The board may be used on occasion to facilitate a meeting or further communication between board members when there is a problem with other communication methods. Members shall keep their e-mail address in their profile up to date in order to allow for personal communication offline.
6. Any comments that can reasonably be expected to provoke an extreme emotional response by other board members.
The administrator(s), or moderator(s) may edit or delete any topic not in keeping with ALR's mission, as determined by them, without notice or liability, to be followed by an e-mail warning to the offender.
Valid threads may also be locked if, in the opinion of the administrator(s) or moderator(s), the thread is running badly off-topic, straying into a prohibited area, or running on beyond that which is useful to the membership.
Topics will be archived, deleted, or moved periodically as required to free resources or as otherwise necessary to maintain the usability of the forums.
Please start a new thread/topic if you have a new topic to discuss. Changing topics in the middle of a thread is confusing to readers and dilutes the effectiveness of searches.
Please do not post the same message to multiple forums. Pick the most appropriate forum for your message.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you accept and shall abide by the specific policies and prohibitions listed above and, in general, shall not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise a violation of any law. You agree not to post any material unless you hold the copyright to that material or have the permission of the copyright owner. You remain solely responsible for the content of your message(s), and you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless ALR (americanlongrifles.org), its officer(s), or agent(s) with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Submission of a bulletin board posting shall constitute permission to ALR (americanlongrifles.org), its officer(s), or agent(s), to publish that posting in a manner at their discretion. This bulletin board reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
Significant violations of the above-stated bulletin board policies, as determined by the administrator(s), or moderator(s), will result in an e-mail warning to the offender. The second email warning for the same type of violation may result in his or her board access being suspended or permanently revoked.
Please remember that the content of this bulletin board is not continuously monitored. The administrator does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any message. The messages posted on the AmericanLongrifles.com Bulletin Board express the views of the author of that message, not necessarily the views of ALR (americanlongrifles.org), its officer(s), or agent(s), administrator(s) or moderator(s). Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact the administrator through the Feedback page. The administrator has the ability to remove objectionable messages and/or block postings by specific board members. The administrator will make every effort to remove objectionable posts or discipline non-compliant board members, within a reasonable time frame if in his or her sole judgment removal or discipline is deemed necessary.
The only personal data collected by this site consists of information voluntarily provided by the user during registration on the AmericanLongrifles.com Bulletin Board. This information includes a required username, password, and e-mail address. While ALR (americanlongrifles.org), its officer(s), or agent(s) do not explicitly share user information with any other parties, users should be aware that all the information they provide on registration, except for their password, is available to all bulletin board users. Care should be exercised in providing personal information on registration.
Because all bulletin board postings are public, care should be used in the composition and content of your messages. Remember, anyone on the Internet can view your postings. Don't post any information you wouldn't want the whole world to know or which you wouldn't want to defend. Please confine the exchange of personal addresses, telephone numbers, and other such private information to personal e-mails.
This site is not intended for minor children. Parents agree to take full responsibility for any use of this site by their minor children, and it is expected that parents will monitor their minor children's use at all times. By using this site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age, an emancipated minor, or have the permission of a parent or guardian to use this site.
|American Longrifles Home
This page was last updated on 08/11/2021 .