Author Topic: So,, whats your excuse!!!  (Read 12444 times)

El Lobo

Re: So,, whats your excuse!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2010, 05:07:50 AM »
Sunday was a beautiful sunny spring day here in the often rainy Pacific northwest.  Spent the morning attempting to blow little round orange clay pigeons out of the sky with my 28 gauge Caywood trade gun with my friends at the Evergreen Sportsman's Club outside of Littlerock, WA.  I came in dead last (it was my second time shooting clays and the first time at Evergreen) but boy did I have a great time!  I even had a great time sitting out in the sun behind the clubhouse cleaning my gun.  Great day.

Many thanks.
Lobo

Jim Thomas

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Here in Pennsylvania yesterday was beautiful partly sunny cool  just great for our Shoot.  Our average number of shooters is 27 to 28; but on such a fine day 21 shooters showed up.  Several more had promised to show but failed to do so!

So what is your experience and reason for not going to a shoot yesterday?? Honeydo chores, sick and tired wot ???  

My excuse is.......the cowboys were shootin.  But, spent a couple days at the "Pines" getting the woodswalk ready for this Sunday.   We usually get a solid turnout for the April shoot.    I talk to alot of new people interested but it's hard to get them to take the first step.           

jamesthomas

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 03:03:00 AM »
 well don't know if there any clubs in my area "buford georgia" .but i did go shootin' today .I'm the only flintlock shooter ever there. There being the wilson shoals wma shootin' range.Sure is nice to silence the range with a cloud of blackpowder smoke! 4 inch group at 50 yrds. Can do better. first time out since jan.

Daryl

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 04:28:12 PM »
Beautiful day yesterday - but only 3 showed up to shoot. Crispy, Hatchet Jack and myself. Taylor was tied down with an airport pickup at noon and everyone else was perhaps doing yard work - hit 70 yesterday- amazing for April when it might have normally snowed.  Forcasts are for a hot day summer - forest fires have already started apparently. Not much of a snow cap, but still lots of melt high up.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 04:54:49 PM »
Beautiful day yesterday - but only 3 showed up to shoot. Crispy, Hatchet Jack and myself. Taylor was tied down with an airport pickup at noon and everyone else was perhaps doing yard work - hit 70 yesterday- amazing for April when it might have normally snowed.  Forcasts are for a hot day summer - forest fires have already started apparently. Not much of a snow cap, but still lots of melt high up.
Hmmm yard work,,, seems as though that is a common reason for not enjoying the sport lately!!   Langhorne, Pa had 25 shooters yesterday, not bad but they usually have 30+.   Good shoot otherwise, great weather and good shooting,  roasts and hams.

Leatherbelly

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 04:42:35 PM »
Gol durn work got in the way last Sunday! Seems work is getting in the way too much these days what with plant shutdowns. Keeps me there 10 to 16 hours a day,7 days a week.As the farmers say,"make hay while the sun shines". Be there God willing next Sunday. Daryl, phone me, Tall Oil! Hope a litre is enough.

Harnic

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 01:54:29 AM »
Gol durn work got in the way last Sunday! As the farmers say,"make hay while the sun shines".

Same here buddy!  Weekends are busiest for me!  I always end up shooting alone through the week... or not going at all! :(

bob243

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »
Bob243, are you shooting at Milton and Rockford, I will try both if all goes well. Mark

Was at the WMLA team shoot on Sat, and Rockford on Sun :)      Great time and great weather. 

Offline markwi

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 10:42:12 PM »
I was range officer for the WMLA on Saturday and I shot on Sunday at Rockford. Both were go days to be out shooting. Mark