Author Topic: Cold water flush  (Read 19691 times)

Harnic

Re: Cold water flush
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
Back in the day I'd have NEVER wasted it on a rifle barrel! ;)

Offline doulos

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2010, 06:29:04 AM »
Well after years of using hot water,boiling water, warm water with soap, cleaning concoctions with alcohol and Murphy,s, windshield washer fluid, and everything else you can try,  I decided yesterday to simplify.  Before I left the range I ran down one patch of very diluted ballistol I was using for range patch lube and when I got home just cold tap water and also used a  undersized jag with 3 patches on it to fill the grooves   and my .58 cleaned up faster than all of the above.

Offline BJH

« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 12:19:17 AM »
I hope Simple Green soap does not go "green". I have been using it as both a cleaning agent and a patch lube for general shooting for years with no rust problems. I do use grease or olive oil based patch lubes for hunting where the gun will remain loaded for several days.
BJH

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2010, 09:00:49 PM »
I hope Simple Green soap does not go "green". I have been using it as both a cleaning agent and a patch lube for general shooting for years with no rust problems. I do use grease or olive oil based patch lubes for hunting where the gun will remain loaded for several days.
Nah dosen't go green, at least for me and I'm cleaning with it for yrs 20% Simple Green 80% water.   Spit for patching though! :)