Author Topic: Cheek pieces  (Read 12916 times)

Offline Cody Tetachuk

Re: Cheek pieces
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 04:28:50 PM »
like trying to figure out how many dogs can live on a piece of property,..........

Sooooo, do you mean "how many" as in the number of dogs that can live on a piece of property or "how (how is it possible that) many dogs can live on a piece of property.........?. Is this a quest for how many dogs can a specific piece of property support or how is it that many dogs can live on a piece of property and not get "cabin fever" if you will?. Just wonderin'.

Offline Dr. Tim-Boone

• Global Moderator
  • I Like this hat!!
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
like trying to figure out how many dogs can live on a piece of property,..........

Sooooo, do you mean "how many" as in the number of dogs that can live on a piece of property or "how (how is it possible that) many dogs can live on a piece of property.........?. Is this a quest for how many dogs can a specific piece of property support or how is it that many dogs can live on a piece of property and not get "cabin fever" if you will?. Just wonderin'.

Gaaad! and it is not even winter up there on the prairie!!!!!!!!! ::) ::)
De Oppresso Liber
Marietta, GA

Liberty is the only thing you cannot have unless you are willing to give it to others. – William Allen White

Learning is not compulsory...........neither is survival! - W. Edwards Deming

Offline Pete G.

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 01:01:06 AM »
I  As stated the cheekpiece on the rifle I photographed was too bulky fo rthe stock.  It didn't seem to look that bad in hand but when I saw the photograph and looked closer I wondered how the H--l did I do that?   
DP

So quit taking pictures of it and just go shoot the dang thing........

Offline flehto

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 02:27:24 AM »
Some of you guys should write books or at least a couple of articles  considering all the wit and humor posted on a somewhat  mundane topic. Asre the "Golden Mean", some have it innately and are called artists and the rest of us  probably  struggle and go through many erasers to achieve some semblance of what we consider "good enough".  Somehow w/ each LR I build, the cheekpieces get smaller in length and don't protrude as much....looked at my "1st" and wow...the cheekpiece is way, way oversize and very ugly compared  to my newfound mindset of, "smaller is better".  Of course this mindset  has to be tempered w/ good judgement or the result wouldn't be a cheekpiece, but a slight "bump"....Fred

Offline bgf

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 03:24:04 AM »
Fred,
That part about the artists is really true.  Probably as long as a cheekpiece looks right and doesn't whack the shooter, it is correct :)

northmn

« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »
I  As stated the cheekpiece on the rifle I photographed was too bulky fo rthe stock.  It didn't seem to look that bad in hand but when I saw the photograph and looked closer I wondered how the H--l did I do that?   
DP

So quit taking pictures of it and just go shoot the dang thing........

Best advice I had so far.

DP

msw

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 11:34:04 PM »
well, i agree with that, too.  unless you're trying to build a 'bench copy' or you're trying to be as HC/PC as you possibly can, the one you're trying to please is the one who looks back from the mirror when you brush your teeth, so make yourself happy with it and then worry about 'what everyone will think.'

just free advice, and no doubt worth what you just paid for it.