Author Topic: on the blog - images from the CLA show  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Ian Pratt

on the blog - images from the CLA show
« on: September 02, 2010, 08:23:30 PM »
  I couldn't let this go without commenting - I think the pictures from the CLA show by Jan Riser (also some by Ken Gahagan) that have been running on the blog since after the show have been just first rate. Some very nice shots of the displays and individual items, good examples of what the show is all about for those that have never attended. Heck I was there for three days and didn't see a lot of this stuff!
Anyhow, maybe the pictures might help coax some people to attend next year who may have never been to it.
The show seems to somehow get better each time, and seemed to be very well attended this year. First time I ever saw a line of people backed up clear out of the out of the entance.     

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
Re: on the blog - images from the CLA show
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 04:41:39 AM »
Ian
It's on my short list of things to do. Now that list includes Williamsburg. Thats what I get for talking to people. Now all I need is time and money. Bye the way, you guys are on our list too.
Steve
Steve Skillman

Offline skillman

• The Usual Suspect
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 07:46:45 AM »
Bye the way
Wallace was great. Got to spend several hours with him.
Steve
Steve Skillman

Offline Kermit

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »
I've been enjoying them too! I'd purely love to get back to that show, but dragging my sorry old bones there and back, lodging, food, etc., would run me more than the findings for another gun. Hard choice, but another flinter is hard to pass on.

I sure hope you folks living close appreciate what you've got there!!!
"Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly." Mae West