Author Topic: Have you orderd parts from Blackley? What your expirence?  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Rolf

• There's more than one way to skin a cat.
Have you orderd parts from Blackley? What your expirence?
« on: December 01, 2010, 06:57:25 PM »
After reading Snyder's posting on the thread on "percussion hammers", I got a bit nervous. I don't want hijack the original thread so I'm starting a new one.

I ordered a pair of lock castings from Blackley and paid for them 7-8 months ago. I was told they collect orders and cast every three months. They said when they cast my order,one of the lock plates were faulty and had to be recast. I was told this is why my order is delaid.  While it's reassuring that they have good quality control, it would be interesting to hear about other peoples experience with Blackley, both positive and negative.

I chose to order from Blackley, hoping to avoid the problems people have had with "The Rifle Shop".

Best regards
Rolfkt

Offline JTR

• member 2
Re: Have you orderd parts from Blackley? What your expirence?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 08:45:41 PM »
Rolf,
My experience was pretty miserable. I was ordering about $300 worth of parts, and Blackley's excuses ranged from, (after about 6 months)waiting to run a batch of castings, (after 8/9 months) ruined castings, (9/10 months) everyone in the shop sick, (10/11 months) forgot to post the box, etc, etc, etc,,,,,,,,,

He said on my next order I could have 20% off! Cool! He'll be waiting a long time for that order!

But his parts are exceptionally high qualilty and excellent to work with! If you can afford the patience, it'll be worth it.

John
John Robbins

Offline louieparker

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 03:15:57 AM »
I ordered a set of lock conversion parts for a very small pistol lock . Blackley was the only  dealer to have these ,so I placed the order by email ... After numerous emails and finally a phone call where I was told he had seen the parts laid out for shipment some time back . Then I was told I will check it out and get back to you ...That was at least four years ago !!!!!!! No I never heard anything ......Louie Parker

Offline whitebear

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:35:17 AM »
Sounds like if you are over 18 you should order from someone else or you may not live long enough to get your parts.
In the beginning God...
Georgia - God's vacation spot

Offline Captchee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 04:25:39 AM »
 i have ordered from them a couple times with no issues  got what i needed in a couple days .
 maybe they have them on hand though , cant say

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 05:07:24 AM »
A couple of years ago they moved their shop location.

I have ordered parts from Blackley in the past, and received them in a reasonable time. I am sure delivery would depend on if they have the items in stock or not.

I believe Blackley attends the Baltimore gun show. That is the best time to look over their stuff and pick up a catalog.
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline wogden

• Starting Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 06:00:55 AM »
I ordered two trigger guards in early 2007.  Emailed them a couple of months later asking for the status of that order number.  No response, although I heard they were moving the shop.  At least, they never charged my credit card!  Their castings appear to be pretty high quality.  I would not hesitate to order from them again. 
Warren Ogden