Author Topic: Colerain  (Read 4298 times)

George F.

Colerain
« on: September 29, 2008, 02:21:33 AM »
I just read on the mzldr shop topic that Colerain went out of business. Is this true?  Can anyone confirm this?  ...Geo.

don getz

Re: Colerain
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 02:27:57 AM »
Originally the business was owned and operated by Scott Keller and another fellow.    I heard that Scott left the business
over a year ago, but have not heard anything about them recently...........Don

Offline Tommy Bruce

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 12:51:52 AM »
George, I'm sorry if I didn't clarify.  Colrain is still in business.  There are plenty of Colrain barrels out there.   The point I was trying to make was about the lack of knowledge or just out and out lie to try and convice me to by a green mountain barrel (nothing wrong with them I just wanted a colrain) all of which falls under poor service if you ask me.  The fellow also made a smart ass coment about working for the government or a bank when I asked if they were open on Presidents day.   I will not tolerate rude behavior from someone I am trying to give money to.  The money I spend will not make or break anyone but added up I'm sure I spend at least 1000.00-1500.00 a year on muzzleloading stuff.  Hope this clears any confusion up.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books or too much ammunition”
R. Kipling

George F.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 01:08:12 AM »
Thanks for clarifying your answer. We all spend allot of money on Muzzle loading parts and supplies.  This year I've been buying blanks, barrel, locks, and furniture to do 10 guns and a few pistols for myself. Because I know if I don't buy them now, in a few years I probably won't have the money to buy a barrel.  And of course there's always more tools, something I couldn't live without. Of course I can't touch my wish list of tools with my spending habits, because I don't have the room. I guess it's an expensive hobby....    Geo.

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 01:26:53 AM »
I'm with you, George and have been buying blanks, locks and barrels as money allows.  The fine craftsmen making these components may be able to keep it up at current prices, but I don't know how.  With markets the way they are, I figure these parts are good as gold and better than stocks (the wall street kind).  Glad to hear Colerain is still in business.
Andover, Vermont

Offline Mike Brooks

• Mike Brooks Gunmaker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »
If Colrain goes out of business, I'll just have to retire. ::)
NEW WEBSITE! www.mikebrooksflintlocks.com
Say, any of you boys smithies? Or, if not smithies per se, were you otherwise trained in the metallurgic arts before straitened circumstances forced you into a life of aimless wanderin'?

Offline TPH

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 07:48:05 PM »
I emailed Scott the other day and he says they are still in business, he doesn't know where the rumor started but it is untrue.
T.P. Hern