Author Topic: New Goex prices!  (Read 6162 times)

swordmanjohn

New Goex prices!
« on: October 07, 2008, 05:10:42 AM »
Wow, I called a local hunting store that I always go to and their blackpowder went from 17.99 to 24.99?       Thats a heck of alot more than 12% increase.  The 800 billion dollar Government  bailout is going toward wooden arrows,... too bad some cant go toward blackpowder?!  ::)

cal.43

Re: New Goex prices!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 05:29:45 PM »
is this price for 500 gramms or  1 kilo, here one kilo Schweizer cost 52,50€  and Wano cost 38,50 € per one kilo so for me this price is not so high.

Offline Roger Fisher

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »
Wow, I called a local hunting store that I always go to and their blackpowder went from 17.99 to 24.99?       Thats a heck of alot more than 12% increase.  The 800 billion dollar Government  bailout is going toward wooden arrows,... too bad some cant go toward blackpowder?!  ::)
Too bad you did not heed the information that it was going up by the Oct 1st date.  If the Mfg raises prices that increase is still higher as it goes wholesale a couple times then resale.  A couple or more shooters pooling the $ for a case or even less from the Graf's outfit would have been a good idea.  $12. and change delivered to your door!

$#*!, it doesn't spoil ;D    If you use it mainly for hunting a pound should last you quite a long time.  If you use a lot as in running off to shoots most weekends it could get pretty costly.   Well now, crude oil is dropping so gasoline 'might also' and make up some of the extra cost for running to shoots... ::)

BrownBear

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »
Hey, those are Alaska prices!

Welcome to my world.

wwpete52

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »
When I first started shooting black powder it was $6 a can.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 02:55:03 AM »
Yep, $5.00 - $6.00 dollars a pound when I started, and even got a few pounds on sale one time (a long time ago) for $4.50 a pound.  Times are a changing that's for sure.

Bulk buying is about the only way to go these days.  Heck, if you're going to use it you might as well keep as much as you can on hand.  Like Roger said, it don't spoil.

Harnic

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:36:04 AM »
Well, time to pull out the old science kit & start makin' our own!   If they're getting $25 a pound down south it'll be well over $30 here!  Definitely out of my price range!  I guess I'll do all my practising with my smokeless rifles & just shoot bp at the rondies...

Daryl

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 04:51:42 PM »
Candle Snuffer- Taylor and I used to buy Curtis and Harvey's 3F for $1.98 a pound when we were kids. Taylor still has a can so marked. It's what we used in the little 'table-top' cannons we made in Dad's shop. For shot,  we used short sections of almost bore-sized lead wire, shooting at river weed pods floating down the Thames River behind our neighbour's house. Great fun for a couple pre-teens. We seemed to realize how dangerous they actually were (the parents didn't seem to), and managed to hit the odd pod while coming close on most. Range - well over 100 yards. The barrels were only 6" to 8" long.

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »
$1.98 a pound, hard to beat for C&H BP.  Now Daryl, if you and Taylor are going
to shoot those table top cannons again, you need to spin down my way.  I've got
some 1fg C&H I've been setting on and felt I couldn't pass on it at $6.00 a pound. :)

Lord Calvin

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 02:21:03 AM »
You guys outta give Cormans Sporting Goods a call.  $10.00 a pound while his current supplies last. Then the price goes up. A case with all fees figured in. Comes out to 11.85 a pound. lf you go to his store in Ky. you can save the fees. Or you can buy a 25lb. bag`o powder for 7.50 a pound.
   l spent days calling around the country and these are the best prices l found. Give `em a call. But they don't take plastic.

Cormans Sporting Goods
1-606-365-2463