Author Topic: Engraving Question - John Schippers  (Read 5055 times)

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
Engraving Question - John Schippers
« on: February 25, 2011, 02:49:27 AM »
Does anyone have any information about the engraving book John Schippers was going to put out ?  Anyone have any contact information for John ?

Thanks
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
Re: Engraving Question - John Schippers
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 05:38:28 AM »
John was at the Conner Prairie Gun Show last weekend with plastic covered pages of the book.  In the fall he told me that he hoped it would be published this year.  I'll look for contact info.  I think I have it somewhere.
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline davec2

• The Lucky Bag
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:59:03 AM »
Pletch,

Thanks.  I would appreciate any contact info you can find.

Dave C
"No man will be a sailor who has contrivance enough to get himself into a jail; for being in a ship is being in a jail, with the chance of being drowned... a man in a jail has more room, better food, and commonly better company."
Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1780

Offline tim crowe

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 04:53:28 AM »
Dave ,
Send me a email. I have his email.

Offline Larry Pletcher

• Black Powder Mag
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 06:13:42 AM »
I'm glad Tim has it.  I thought I had his phone number, but I guess not.
Regards,
Pletch
Regards,
Pletch
blackpowdermag@gmail.com

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what can never be taken away.

Kayla Mueller - I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.  Whoever brought me here, will have to take me home.

Offline clockman

• Starting Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:57:17 PM »
What"s the status of the book???

Offline Gary Tucker

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »
I saw looked through the book layout at the CLA show and it looks great.  I can't wait for it to be published.  It looks like a really straight forward guide for anyone interested in improving their engraving skills, or just getting started.  Has some wonderful patterns in it.  No doubt it will be on every gun builders get list.
Gary Tucker

Offline Ron Scott

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »
John told me last August that Track of the Wolf will be publishing and selling the book. I talked to them about two weeks ago. Their reply was that they didn't have any estimate on the availability.  Apparently there is some difficulty converting the format of Johns book.  I too, was looking forward the book. It would have made a great addition to the engraving workshop coming up in May.