Author Topic: Lewisburg show photos  (Read 11874 times)

Meteorman

Lewisburg show photos
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:46:13 AM »
Went to the show in Lewisburg PA today.
ll I can say is  :o wow.
What a great bunch of craftsmen and friendly people. Quick to smile and eager to chat.

Have attached a link to some photos I took. Everyone I asked was very welcoming of photos.
I seriously regret not being able to credit the maker on each photo.
I was taking notes towards that end, and left the paper on a table and never was able to find it again  .

http://s312.photobucket.com/albums/ll345/mikemeteor/LewisburgShow2011/?albumview=slideshow

and yes I spent all my lunch money.

If posting these pics is poor protocol, I will of course gladly take them down, or be glad to pass any along, or whatever.

regards - /MM

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
Re: Lewisburg show photos
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:53:40 AM »
If posting these pics is poor protocol
I would be poor protocol only if you had them and DIDN'T post them. We love these type pictures.

First guy with the beard is Nate McKenzie ALR member.
Mark Thomas is an inactive ALR member and CLA board member as well as an engraver, builder and all around great guy from Dayton VA.

David Dodds died this past year and I am sure that is a tribute to him. He too was a great guy and very talented builder.

Will let someone else pick up from here.
Dennis

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:59:56 AM by Dennis Glazener »
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bjmac

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 03:08:53 AM »
Thanks for the slide show. Being A) out in CA and B)broke! I will probably never be able to see a show like this in real life, so I appreciate the view. All I can add is : more, morem more! ;D

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 04:27:42 AM »
Thanks Meteroman, the workmanship always wows me and I'm just sic that I cant see it in person. You have helped some of us get through another cold winter nite.   

Offline rf50cal

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 05:25:13 AM »
I was there this afternoon, and still enjoyed coming home and looking the the photos.

The second shot is Ron Luckenbill's table (Lucky RA) and the third, Allen Martin
Roger Fleisher

loco219

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 05:36:16 AM »
Had a wonderful day there today! I found all of the artisans very friendly and helpful, and the original collections room is unbeleivable! I also brought two of my guns along, and everyone was very eager to try to "pinpoint" my unsigned original. Although they could not agree on who made it, they agreed on where and when. ( upper Berks or Dauphin county, circa 1830 )  I would advise anyone on the fence about attending to brave the weather tomorrow and get there. ;D

jeager58

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 06:06:02 AM »
this was my first time to lewisburg. what a joy and pleasure to meet and talk to everyone. I have learned so much and wish I could attend tomorrow. If I had to pick a favorite part it wound be to put faces with the people on the web and forum

Offline James

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 06:06:41 AM »
I took my family there today for our first time at Lewisburg. It was incredible to say the least. Three hours each way with 5 kids and my wife in the car and everyone had a good time. Incredible art everywhere we looked. The folks with tables were very happy to talk and advise me as a newcomer for which I am grateful. Seeing original guns for the first time will help me finish my first build in a way I couldn't have if I had not seen the guns in person. Photos don't do them justice. Mark Wheland and Art Decamp were a great help to me. Art allowed me to photograph his Leonard Reedy which is greatly appreciated for the guidance it gives me for the Fichthorn I'm building. I will definitely attend again. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 06:24:09 AM »
Talkingamoeba: Its good to hear that people are bringing the kids along to these types of events, I think our sport or pastime needs this type of thing to help ensure the future of Longrifle building and study. My hats of to you.  Gary

Offline Karl Kunkel

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 06:37:11 AM »
Great time and great people as usual.  Got to see the Albrecht attributed "Lion & Lamb" rifle up close and in person.  Many nice originals shared on display. 

The only negative was that this years T-Shirts were only available in XXL and XXXL.
Kunk

Offline KLMoors

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 03:40:57 PM »
Great pics. Thanks MM! Looks like loads of fun.

Offline Osprey

• Roaming Delmarva...
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 05:14:40 PM »
A buddy and I went up Friday, was a great show and a good trip!   Nice relaxed atmosphere and loads of original which was very nice.  Even picked up a few supplies.

Almost seemed odd to be looking at this stuff and not have it 100 degrees and humid like Dixon's.   ;D
"Any gun built is incomplete until it takes game!"

g rummell

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
I tryed to make it yesterday (Saturday) and probably got within a 1/2 hour of Lewisburg but I-80 was so icy and snotty I decided to turn around and head home to Bedford. Took me 4 hours to make a 2 hour trip back. Ahh there's always next year.

Offline Stan

• stanhollenbaughgunsmith.com
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 06:25:37 PM »
ttt

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »
Thanks! Tell me about those Lehighs in photo 43 in your album. Originals?
Andover, Vermont

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 09:16:11 PM »
The Lehighs are originals. I know the front one is a Nicholas Hawk swivel breech. I never got a chance to ask the owner who the other makers were.

Offline smshea

• www.scottshearifles.com
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
Thanks! Tell me about those Lehighs in photo 43 in your album. Originals?

The top one is a Moll, the next one down is unsigned and unattributed, next is an unsigned gun but most definitely a later P. Neihart and then the Hawk swivel gun (One of the nicest Kentuckys ever built in the opinion of this keyboard :o)at the bottom.

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 12:18:52 AM »
Thanks Eric, Wow Al Martin in a Sports Coat.  Lots of ALR folk there.  Would have been a 16 hour Drive one way in this blissful weather, and Lake Cumberland would have been 12 hours, so passed on both.  Wish I could have made it.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

54Bucks

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 01:03:24 AM »
Thanks for sharing these fine pics.

Offline Stan

• stanhollenbaughgunsmith.com
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 06:18:05 PM »
If you missed this show you should plan to attend next year!!! A great group of extremely accomplished artisans working in any area of interest you may have. All of these craftsmen are willing to share information & give advise when needed. Stan H

LURCHWV@BJS

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 02:39:07 AM »
  Wow, thanks for sharing,  Was wondering, there is a pic of rifles made by D.R. Kelley in one of the pics,  second rifle from the top, Could anybody tell me what style of rifle that is?  I love it. Still learnig styles.

Rich

gregg

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 08:22:27 AM »
Thank You

Offline Eric Fleisher

• E. Fleisher Shot Pouches
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 10:39:09 PM »
The 18th Century Artisan Show has been updated with 4 photo galleries from this year's show. Stop by and check them out, when you get a chance.

http://www.18thcenturyartisanshow.com/