Author Topic: Castings  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
Castings
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:39:20 AM »
I was reading a description of a rifle and it noted that it used castings from Dixon's.  Would this be Dixon's Muzzleloading, and do they do their own castings?

Coryjoe

Offline Acer Saccharum

• Administrator
    • Thomas  A Curran
Re: Castings
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 05:33:40 AM »
Dixon's has a great selection of castings, however, they do not do their own casting. The shop has a well organized system of cubby holes marked with different schools for buttplates and guards, often in iron, brass and sometimes German silver. They do not have a catalog, but if you call them up, you can probably get what you want. Greg and Chuck are very knowledgable. Better yet, put you list together, and go in person. I live 4 1/2 hrs away, and have made the trip in the winter just to shop.

Tom
Tom Curran's web site : http://monstermachineshop.net
Ramrod scrapers are all sold out.

Offline Cory Joe Stewart

• My etsy shop
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 07:19:50 AM »
I am a little more than 4 1/2 hours, but the description told the specific part.  I will call tomorrow.  Thanks for your help.

Coryjoe

Offline smshea

• www.scottshearifles.com
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 03:46:35 AM »
They do actually have castings they call 'Dixon' castings. They do not make them but they are the castings they sell to go with their Dixon pre-carved stocks. Greg Dixon has built some fantastic rifles around these parts. Berks co. stuff mostly.  They are in those cubby holes marked as 'Dixon'. They also have 'Dixon' triggers which are great all around cast triggers if your not looking for something with the curly ends. ;D