Author Topic: Wm. Antes Trigger-guard question  (Read 1970 times)

Offline James

Wm. Antes Trigger-guard question
« on: March 25, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »
Hello, I only have the pictures in RCA Vol. 1, guns #ed 53 & 54. The only picture of a trigger-guard is on #53 and the tail has the thumbnail but the glare in my copy does not allow me to see what the complete shapes of the finial and tail are. The finial looks as though it may have the common 3 flats of the octagon, but again I can't be sure. Are there other photos in another text? Thank you, James
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined... The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun." P.Henry

Offline rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Wm. Antes Trigger-guard question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
It's in the new Moravian Gunmaker's of the Revolution book.  My copy is at home somewhere.  My wife was painting the bedroom and things got moved, could not find it this morning.  On a later Antes, contemporary with the swivel breech rifle, there are no distinct facets on the guard to give the appearance of an octagon.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:59:12 PM by rich pierce »
Andover, Vermont