Author Topic: poor group equals bad eye  (Read 2811 times)

FRJ

poor group equals bad eye
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:13:55 AM »
I'm 67 years young and have shot left handed all my life starting about age 4.About 2 years ago I had a clot lodge in my left eye that left me partially  blind in that eye.Bought half the eye is dead so I can only see out of the top half of it. Well Ive kept on shooting left handed but today I went out to just relax and shoot a little. I fired 3 shots from the bench at 50 yards and they went into about 3 inches. Not very good but I figured because it was a very reduced load that it was as good as it would shoot. Next for some reason I tried 3 shots from the right hand. WOW it was just one ragged hole in the bullseye!!!!!Never thought a GPR with a slightly rough barrel could shoot that good!!!!!! Now the real problem begins. I'm on my first build of a L/H Hawken and have to finish it but I now need a rt handed rifle to try out my new found accuracy. Maybe I'll try to find a good deal on a r/h GPR kit and build it to shoot for a starter. Sure is good to shoot good groups again. Now to start shooting and practicing offhand with the L/H rifle till I get something else going. Frank

Offline smylee grouch

Re: poor group equals bad eye
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:39:39 AM »
Thats good news FRJ, hope you can keep it up. This sounds like good news to the rest of us not spring chickens anymore as we might someday find ourselfs in a simmiler situation. Best wishes    Smylee

Daryl

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 06:08:17 AM »
Yes- that is good news. A close friend had a similar 'happening' except he went blind in his right eye and had to switch to left handed.  He made the switch fairly easily.

Offline axelp

• TomBob Outdoors, LLC.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »
I switched from left to right over a year ago and its going good, my right eye was stronger and I seem to have adjusted fine. It took less time than I thought it would to become relatively comfortable. I miss shooting lefthanded though! ;D ;D
Galations 2:20

Offline smokinbuck

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 12:29:27 AM »
FRJ,
I went the other way, RH to LH, due to macular degeneration. Found it hard to go to LH at first so rigged my rifle to shoot RH with my left eye. Have now gotten some LH rifles, and a fowler, and all is pretty well. Good luck.
Mark
Mark