Author Topic: Brian Patterson Dickert on "The Blog"  (Read 2574 times)

Offline BillPac

• N. Ohio
Brian Patterson Dickert on "The Blog"
« on: June 20, 2011, 10:53:24 PM »
I thought I would tell everyone about the rifle up on the blog today.  It is a Dickert that Brian built in the Long Rifle class at the Log Cabin.  I wish I could say that every rifle that we build in the classes look as good as Brian's but that would be a lie.  This is a great example of what Jim and Ian can help you accomplish if you work at it and of course have a talent for what you are doing.  Nice job Brian and I am looking forward to seeing your Fowler completed.
BillP

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Brian Patterson Dickert on "The Blog"
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 11:04:18 PM »
Looks real clean.  Love the carving.
Andover, Vermont

Offline patchbox

• Starting Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:15:25 PM »
Brian,
       We may be in the same classroom but surely not in the same class.
What a beautiful piece of work. Kind of gives me something to shoot for.
                                                                      Chuck Papesh.

Offline Jim Kibler

• Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 04:22:10 PM »
Here is the link for Brians's rifle:  http://contemporarymakers.blogspot.com/2011/06/brian-patterson.html

This is a beautiful rifle for sure.  It's a pleasure to have Brian in our classes.  I believe this was his first rifle from a blank and maybe his third rifle overall.  Brian does careful and thoughtful work.  He is relatively young compared to most builders today.  I think he has a bright future for sure.  A good guy and a good rifle.

Offline Tim Crosby

• Administrator
  • AKA TimBuckII
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 01:10:33 AM »
 Very nice work overall Brian. Ever since the carving class a couple years ago I have been waiting to see some on a finished rifle. Well done.

Tim C.