Author Topic: blunderbuss's blunderbuss  (Read 3244 times)

blunderbuss

blunderbuss's blunderbuss
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »

I made this blunderbuss in 2005 the white is ivory the yellow in the barrel is .999 gold There is an eagal's head on the comb
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:28:57 AM by blunderbuss »

Offline Glenn

Re: blunderbuss's blunderbuss
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:18:11 AM »
Nice job again Dennis ...  ;D

Too bad I didn't get to see this one the last time I was there.   :(
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.

Offline Swampwalker

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
Very, very, very nice work!  Love the architecture and the wrist carving.  Incredible work on the lock.
Question: what does one do with a blunderbuss?  Home defence?  Not many coaches around these days.  I'm not in the least trying to be sarcastic, I just simply don't know.

blunderbuss

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »

Swamp walker I've been making guns since I was a teenager and I'm 63 now I've made about every kind of gun ,so the blunderbuss was just next. I made this one and then someone else wanted one cause I had one ,Two ended up on Navy ships there is a post of that some where on ALR.
 I have a fife and drum corp (Texas Army fife and drum) and we re enact the Battle of San Jacinto and others every year so we're playing going into battle and seeing how the field music was part of the color guard we go armed. I sling the blunderbuss over my shoulder.I've also noticed it cuts down on snide remarks made about my fife playing.
 I've shot it some enough to know you don't want to get anywhere in front of it at 25-40 yards it would be hard to miss a fellow or fellows. I shoot 100 gr ffg and 15- 00 buck the spread is incredable

Martyman

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:36:36 PM »
That is beautiful buss!

Offline Glenn

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:04:18 PM »
Question: what does one do with a blunderbuss?  Home defence?  Not many coaches around these days.  I'm not in the least trying to be sarcastic, I just simply don't know.

One suggestion ... You might want to Google "Joe Horn Pasadena, Texas" and read it real well.  Although he didn't exactly use a real blunderbuss, the spirit of the blunderbuss was obviously there.  ;D ;D ;D
Many of them cried; "Me no Alamo - Me no Goliad", and for most of them these were the last words they spoke.