Author Topic: Beautiful shoot weekend...  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Beautiful shoot weekend...
« on: October 10, 2011, 02:18:18 AM »
Great weekend shooting weather - Our club shot Sat (12 shooters and shot today 21 shooters) Just a fine weekend of and for it.  More later after I get my wind and legs back... :D

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: Beautiful shoot weekend...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
Okay, I'm back!  Our
Saturday shoot had 12 shooters turn out paid cash down 3 places.  25 & 50 yd reentries paper and a 12 shot silohuette and tile targets 25 to 100 yds.   Great day made all of
$50 profit for the club.

Sunday had 21 shooters turn out (our Oct special homemade wine prizes)  Some guys don't like to shoot for wine; but more DO!! ;D  Good ol Dave set up his special and wierd primative agg.  I.E a lifesized bear offhand at 100 yds were if you hit the vitals 10 pts and if you hit said bear elsewhere a minus 10 pts.   Standing Grdhog silohuette at 75 yds.  diamond tile at 35 yds., 'Redman' head with feathers at 30 yds hit and cut the feather.  He had a cigarette sticking out of his snoot hit it get 10 pts
Plastic spoon stapled to top of a wood stake with an egg in the spoon.  Hit the egg 10 pts hit both egg and spoon minus 10 pts  (30 yds) Water in a balloon at 30 yds 10 pts.  TNT with a pipe cleaner wick at abt 15 yds hit the wick 10 pts. hit the bomb minus 10 pts.  And the ol standard cut the card at abt 15 yds...Good times.

Must mention that an ol guy with a beard (he's getting so old the gals call him pappy) hit our 75 yd hanging egg and had $74. in his pouch when he went home.. Nothing like having some knock down money! ;D        Good variety in this shoot and feel free to use any or all of the above as ideas.    :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:29:58 PM by Roger Fisher »

Jim Thomas

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:38:00 AM »
Went  to the "Land of The Senecas" club  (between Watkins Glen and Ithaca) for their meat shoot.  25,50,100 yard agg. plus reentries.    Perfect temp.... Fall colors.    If I counted correct.. 18 shooters.   

ken

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:45:37 AM »
It was a real good shoot!! The weather could not have been better and the shooting (plus shooting of bull) was really good. Its good to hear all the laughter! I wish we could get some of the old faces back and see some more new ones.        PS They don,t call me Pappy they just call me Lucky     KEN

Jim Thomas

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:13:10 PM »
Well, Roger said we can use any of those ideas.   I don't know how much beard I can grow by next weekend but I give it a try. 

jimc2

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:27:12 PM »
Roger forgot to say the ballons were only the size of a quarter and dave is a sick man

Offline D. Taylor Sapergia

• Member 3
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 01:43:19 AM »
Speaking of beautiful shoot weekends, last weekend was Cache Creek's first annual Desert Shoot.  This very arid country is home to huge mule deer and several kinds of rattle snakes.  The temperature was pleasant - a little above freezing at night, and warmer during the day.  There was a match for rifle, smoothbore (round ball) trap, pistol, "hawk, knife, archery, cannon, and black powder cartridge.  A total of 47 registrants took part in the competition, and a pot luck thanksgiving dinner was held on Saturday evening.  All 'n all, a very enjoyable shoot.

Here's a few pics...

Taylor shooting his double flint 12 gauge...poorly!

The view from camp...

Some fellows on the archery course...

Marjie shooting her pistol - and winning the women's contest...
D. Taylor Sapergia
www.sapergia.blogspot.com

Art is not an object.  It is the excitement inspired by the object.

Daryl

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 02:10:27 AM »
Good pictures Taylor. Looks like you're right on that bird for height and enough ahead for leade - if you didn't stop the swing? Should be a dead bird. 

Harnic

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 02:46:04 AM »
Thanks for the pix Taylor, what a beautiful site!  I wish I could have been there too!  Hopefully next year!