Author Topic: Lehigh, or Northhamton??  (Read 2392 times)

long rifle

Lehigh, or Northhamton??
« on: December 12, 2011, 09:12:07 PM »
What would be the difference in thease two style?As they look almost the same to my eye??ok and ho about Allentowns,are they differnt for a bucks considering I do think allentown is in bucks county??mickey

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
Re: Lehigh, or Northhamton??
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 10:14:37 PM »
Mickey, Mickey, Mickey!  You should get some books or CDs.  On the cheap and worth every penny, (a joke, this is an invaluable resource) you should go to Eric Kettenburg's site and look at what he's written and guns he's made. Eric has done a terrific amount of research and shared it for free.

http://web.mac.com/kettenburgs/Site/Home.html

Also, do not expect to find perfect "rules" that cleanly segregate guns into one school or another.  Builders moved around and didn't know they were supposed to follow rules.  Styles changed in just 10 years.  Some older builders stuck with earlier styles when young fellers were exploring the latest trends.
Andover, Vermont

long rifle

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »
oh yes!!I have the site,,thank you,,I thought exactly as you said here about builders moving around or overlapping whthin schools,,thank you,,I build a very,,ahem,,chevrolet style rifles frontier as heard them beening called,,a plainer version wich is  a hunting rifle , and I like the painer style to begin with,,you opened a door for me so thanks again,,mickey

long rifle

rich pierce
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:55:49 PM »
are you the man whos sells the flints?have been trying to find a number or e-mail to buy some,,mickey

Online rich pierce

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 01:26:56 AM »
Just PM me and we'll go from there.
Andover, Vermont