Author Topic: PA Cunk Gun shoot  (Read 13849 times)

Offline Roger Fisher

Re: PA Cunk Gun shoot
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »
Your design, Don- why, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
Yes it was!

Offline Bill of the 45th

• Gaylord, Michigan
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »
Some years at the York Shoot, you also need a floatable ground cover to go with the adjustable chunk.  You need to have it marked for elevation above sea level.

Bill
Bill Knapp
Over the Hill, What Hill, and when did I go over it?

Daryl

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2012, 05:07:12 AM »
 Bill. ;D ;D ;D

Candle Snuffer

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
All this talk of chunk gun shootin' inspired me to put two chunk matches back on our local club's schedule this year.  It's been a couple years (maybe 3) since we last held a chunk match. 

I got the ol' .40 cal out (12.75 lbs) the other day and gave it a once over making sure everything was in good working order and as clean as when I stored it years ago.  It was.

I always enjoyed the chunk matches we held.  Don't really remember why we stopped for sure?  In any event, we have them back in 2012! :)

Peter S

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 10:08:40 PM »
Kermit mentions NMLRA Chunk shoots and notes the three shot match.  Three shot matches were all that were held at the Friendship range until last year.  The chunk range is part of the bench, chunk, silouette range and you couldn't shut down just part of the range.  The relays are 45 minutes each and therefore the three shot match.  A few years ago a small range was added on the east side of the srange which was almost isolated from the main range.  This sub range must be shut down when the main range is closed ie. every 45 minutes, but it can be shut down during that 45 minute period. 

Thus a 10 shot match can be held.  Everyone shoots, goes down range and changes targets. Then when the main range closes this range also closes.  Mrs. Blizzard runs the range quite well and there have not been any conflicts with the main range.  There is one 10 shot match each June and September, held on two days, Thursday and Friday.  Last Sept the Thursday shooters had a lot of wind but Friday was great (so I heard).  About 25 or 30 shooters shot Thursday and about the same on Friday.  The 10 shot match takes about 3 hours and is a real learning experience (mostly remembering to bring lunch). 
Pete

Offline smylee grouch

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 01:01:38 AM »
Thanks for the clairification on that match Peter and welcome to the forum.   Smylee

Daryl

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 03:06:23 AM »
45 minutes - 3 shots IS interesting.

We have 2, 5 shot relays (5 shots on one rarget per relay) allowing 20 minutes for each 5 shot group.  Seems to me, Friendship could have more shots, if allowing 45minutes, over twice as long as ours. No one here needs to wipe their bores between shots, though, maybe that's the difference. Ours is also only open for standard trail walk rifles only.

Paul Griffith

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 10:41:40 PM »
45 minutes - 3 shots IS interesting.

Seems to me, Friendship could have more shots, if allowing 45minutes, over twice as long as ours.

What the scoop is at Friendship, is that the 45 min relay is dictated by the bench & slug gun shooting.  However these days at the newer chunk range, with its new loacation targets are changed during the 45 min relay. So without any problems you can usually shoot 3 targets of 3 shots each. Definately an improvemint over 45 min for 3 shots. Although I have fallen behind a bit on keeping up on the latest gossip. Used to be that a lot of bull hit the sod, sitting around all day.

Daryl

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
Hadn't thought of that - holding back for other ranges.  We watch the line and usually don't have to go the full 20 minutes.  Seems no one wipes here- or if they do, I've never observed it. That cuts a lot of time out.