Author Topic: LC Rice requests no more custom lock work  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Blackpowder Barbie

• Jim Chambers Flintlocks
LC Rice requests no more custom lock work
« on: April 23, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »
Ok, first, moderators, I'm not sure where to put this topic so please move it if it needs to go in another category.  Thank you.

LC Rice has asked me to make this post of his behalf and for everyone to please pass along this information to all you know. 

LC will no longer be able to do any custom flintlocks repairs or builds from here on out.  As our premier lock builder here at Chambers we are keeping him so busy that he is no longer able to keep up with any outside work.  Right now he is working over 45 hours a week on just our production lines.  So since he describes himself as a "low tech redneck without internet service or the acumen of its use," he has requested the I notify the members of our muzzle loading fraternity that he will no longer accept any lock repair work.  He hopes that you all understand and thanks each and every one of you for your support to our muzzle loading heritage and for allowing him to have been of service since 1973. 

For lock repairs and the such going forward he is referring people to Brad Emig of Cabin Creek Muzzleloading at (717) 757-5841

If you have any questions or if I can pass along a note to LC for you please just let me know.  In the mean time I'll keep him busy making great locks for us here at Chambers.
Thank you,
Barbie
Barbie Chambers-Phillips

Offline Ezra

Re: LC Rice requests no more custom lock work
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »
Well, L.C. may not have internet acumen, but he can @!*% sure build a fine lock.  So too can Brad Emig.  

Ez
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:01:46 PM by Ezra »
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

Offline Telgan

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:03:45 PM »
Bummer !

Offline Dennis Glazener

• Administrator
    • GillespieRifles
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 02:42:49 AM »
If you have any questions or if I can pass along a note to LC for you please just let me know.  In the mean time I'll keep him busy making great locks for us here at Chambers.
Thank you,
Barbie
Barbie, Tell LC that I sure hope he isn't getting old and lazy ;D I was fixing to call him and see if he could do some lock work for me!
Dennis
"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend" - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Telgan

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 03:36:29 AM »
I was gonna call him last month. Snooze and Loose

Dave K

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »
I am sure happy I got all done, that I had to get done. Now my SxS's with them non-Chambers locks, work well. ;D I am guilty. After the first pair of locks, I wouldn't even try them, I just sent them to him. Sure glad to hear that Brad Emig is here to help.

Offline Blackpowder Barbie

• Jim Chambers Flintlocks
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »
And just a bit of clarification on my part...   :D

If you have a lock that is built by Chambers then it should always be returned to us for repairs. The request above from LC pertains only to the side work he has been doing repairing L&R locks, Davis locks, and other odd ball locks for years. He just doesn't have the time to take on those projects anymore.
Barbie Chambers-Phillips